As a member of the Food Portfolio Equipment Group within Praxair’s Industrial Gases division, you will be tasked with managing the Food Equipment Product Portfolio. This position reports the Director of Food Markets and does not have direct reports.
Included responsibilities are related to the equipment offering facet of our business including, but not limited to:
- Managing the portfolio of offerings (both internally built and 3 rd party built) by developing and maintaining an offering platform map; soliciting/gathering continuous input from internal customers, input from external customers, and investigation of competitors to identify gaps and offer plans for consolidation/expansion
- Managing/owning the knowledge-base, sales/marketing tools, and organizational training/knowledge of the platform of offerings including features, values, options, costs, contacts, and external agreements. Maintaining records on past equipment sales, service, and parts
- Responsible for equipment-centered input into the R&D development process related to direct machinery experience, market-need knowledge, internal customer needs, and competitive offering comparisons. Providing ideas on technical innovation, product line expansion, and evolution. Additionally, managing the technical training and the organizational knowledge for new R&D equipment offerings
- Managing/owning 3 rd party equipment offering relationships including both new and used equipment. You will be responsible for activities with 3 rd party equipment vendors in pursuit of meeting business goals including relationships, agreements, pricing, sales tools, and expertise
- Strong collaboration with R&D and Equipment Engineering
4 Year BS Engineering Degree Required (Mechanical Engineering preferred) Experience:
10 years of experience in Product-Line Management of Industrial Processing Equipment:
Industrial Machine Design or Maintenance experience preferred Food Manufacturing experience preferred Technical Skills:
Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.