PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Business Development Manager (BDM) - Regional Gas position assists on delivering Constellation’s go to market strategy. The position primarily focuses on acquiring new business for our natural gas division utilizing our Managed Portfolio Service and other gas products. The primary performance objectives are to meet or exceed their assigned new business origination and renewal quota. The BDM conducts such duties as prospecting, meeting with customers, generating proposals, following up on marketing campaigns. The position will work closely with Account Managers and interact with other internal functional groups such as Operations, Supply, BDS, Legal/Contracts, Billing/Collections, and CMG.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acquire new business for Constellation’s natural gas division utilizing our Managed Portfolio Service and other gas products to meet or exceed assigned quota and renewal quota.
- Support renewals efforts of Account Managers to meet or exceed renewal goals for originated customers.
- Manage and build strong professional and customer an internal relationships. Carry out sales related tasks such as prospecting, generating proposals and supporting market campaigns.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- B.S. degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Engineering/Technical or other related area from an accredited four year university
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills and closing skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills and strategic thinking skills
- Strong skills in computer applications such a Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to apply analytical tools and systems
- Ability to manage priorities and deadlines
- Successful candidate must be willing to travel as needed to meet with customers and internal representatives
- 5 years of experience in retail energy, wholesale origination and trading
- Experience with systems including sales pipeline and sphere and
- Working knowledge of the gas industry, LDCs (and related tariffs) and pipelines
- Demonstrated success working cooperatively with others people within the same department, among cross functional project teams and with external customers
- Masters Degree in Business, Management or related field Experience in retail energy markets
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.