At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Business Development Manager for the Drug Delivery Systems Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for development of M&A pipeline and supporting related activities
- Identifying and securing new global business deals (that can reach individually >$100M in pre-commercial launch value) - each and every new commercial launch of a DDSD product requires a negotiated deal with a partner / customer
- Working with Global Business Team Leaders to ensure deals are aligned with strategies and operational priorities
- Working closely with division marketing for effective targeting of new customers and development of new business opportunities
- Effective communication of DDSD technology offerings (both inhalation and transdermal), services and value proposition, thereby influencing potential Pharma and Biotech companies to select 3M DDSD as their outsourced product manufacturing or product development partner of choice
- Providing support to and eventual leadership of negotiations for product development, licensing and commercialization agreements that protect 3M interests and provide best-possible business terms to 3M, while perceived as reasonable to the partner / customer
- Conducting and supporting business development analysis, i.e., establishing business and financial terms for licensing, product development and commercial supply opportunities
- Support Business Strategy: strategic planning; core and adjacent market opportunity analysis; new technology assessment
- Providing support to acquisition and technology in/out-licensing activities that support division and health care business strategy
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in Sales, Key Account or Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) experience in lab, sales, manufacturing, and/or technical support
- MBA with Finance and or Strategy concentration
- Health Care Industry experience
- Pharmaceuticals (branded or generic) business experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience in an FDA regulated industry
- Two (2) or more years of experience as part of a strategic planning or business development function within a corporation or strategic consulting firm
- Strong financial acumen - ability to translate complex business problems into financial terms
- Working knowledge of accounting, economics, tax, legal, and business operations
- Demonstrated experience producing market analysis, company profiles, valuation and recommendation materials coupled with superior skills with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills, including financial modeling and analysis
- Strong interpersonal, project management and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 15% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
3M Drug Delivery Systems Division (DDSD) partners with pharmaceutical and biotech companies to develop pharmaceutical products using 3M's inhalation or transdermal drug delivery technology. 3M offers a full range of feasibility, development and manufacturing capabilities combined with regulatory guidance to help bring products to market. In-house resources, including toxicology, regulatory expertise, quality assurance, operations, and marketed product support, are available for each step of the development and commercialization process. This depth of resources is one reason why more than 50 percent of all metered-dose inhalers worldwide and 60 percent of all transdermal systems in the United States utilize a 3M drug delivery technology.
For more information, please visit http://www.3M.com/dds
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.