Business Development Manager
What you will do
The Business Development Manager is responsible for leading business development activities targeting a specific federal agency or new business segment at an executive level within the Federal and Homeland Security/Homeland Defense markets. You will identify and monitor market opportunities. Under the direction of the Director Capture Management Federal Systems Division, you will develop and execute the strategic business plan/campaign and operational plan that defines how we will capture new market share within the agency or DHS and DOD market segment(s). The Business Development Manager focuses on critical, large, complex high visibility, strategic or tactical accounts. You will work with National Account Managers, Product Managers, and the field organization to effectively sell and execute delivery of our product and service offerings.
How you will do it
The Business Development Manager will utilize expertise, consultative selling skills, strong relationships, structured marketing, sales plans and internal resources to further develop existing and establish new business relationships with senior level executives at target agencies or Homeland Security/Homeland Defense segments. You will identify, position and win large single award or multiple award Federal agency or market specific contracting vehicles and programs to be managed by the FSD Program Management Office and utilized by the Federal Systems Division sales force to sell projects.
What we look for
• College degree in Sales/Marketing, Business, Engineering. MBA preferred.
• Seven (7) to ten (10) years demonstrated success working in a business development or sales role in the federal market.
• Five (5) years' experience selling within the federal procurement process through a variety of contracts vehicles, including GSA, 8(a) SBA; experience with and solid knowledge of FAR, DFAR and other regulations.
• Diversity of contract experience to include Firm-Fixed Price, Cost-Plus -Award-Fee, Cost-Plus-Fixed Fee, R&D, Indefinite Delivery, Time & Materials, and Maintenance & Repair.
• Proven ability to interact effectively with executive level federal contacts and industry/segment professional organizations.
• Ability to comprehend and make significant contributions to development and execution of business plans, including marketing strategies and tactics.
• Entrepreneurial attitude, demonstrated leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to present to senior level executives as well as represent the company at public service or industry forums.
• Ability to interact with high level internal and external personnel.
• Business acumen and solid understanding of commercial businesses contracting with federal agencies/entities.
• Ability to travel 30%.
• DOD Security Clearance or ability to obtain clearance
• Must be a resident citizen of the United States to qualify for this position
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.