Job Location: United States : Florida : Coral Gables
MAXIS GBN, co-founded by MetLife & AXA in 1998 is one of the leading international employee benefits network providing global service capabilities and delivering world-class employee benefits perspectives and solutions. Our goal as Maxis is to be recognized as the leading global employee benefits network by putting our client's & employee needs at first.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for representing our MAXIS business for the Americas markets. Perform account planning to identify opportunities per line of business and across country borders. Collaborate with MNS colleagues to approach the Canadian & Latin American regional offices of US multinationals to win and grow business across Canada & Latin America. Responsible for building relationships with Canadian & Latin American based multinational corporations influencing them to insure their global employee benefit plans in multiple countries with MetLife / MAXIS network. Will also support on the development of European MN in bound strategy for the US market.
Act as a Thought Leader on regional best practices and support the Sales organization with key clients and distributors to build our business and achieve growth targets. Maintains strong relationships with clients and advisors to resolve issues worldwide and maintain a productive sales relationship. Sells and services products directly to multinational clients or through global broker/consultant relationships.
- Under the direct supervision of the Americas Maxis VP, this associate will maintain and grow the book of business through product sales, upsells, and renewals, within assigned territory. Facilitates customer centricity strategies by supporting sales efforts with distributors and global clients (e.g. Global 2000, etc.).
- Perform account planning to identify opportunities per line of business and across country borders. Provides consultation to clients and their brokers/ consultants and applies sound financial decision making for MetLife and client. May assist in or lead case implementations. Provides on-going support to post-sale service team and interaction with clients. Assists to resolve escalated service issues for clients and advisors. Generate reports to track/report activities, progress, and strategies.
- Introduce Account Executive and Account Manager teams to clients and involve them as a valued member of the company. Build effective working relationships with internal business partners, brokers/consultants, and other key industry stakeholders and influencers.
- Develop new business strategies pertaining to the EB line of business using market research, competitive intelligence, and performance metrics. Use input from our global/ regional businesses and the field operations, usually working with teams of 4 or more people to drive and implement key initiatives.
- Responsible for identifying the country needs that will drive growth opportunities, working with the regional peers, countries and GEB HO team and applying strong business acumen and market knowledge to influence decisions and drive outcomes. Assist enhancing IT & operations efficiencies (CRM)
- Provide market intelligence to formulate market strategies to identify best-in-class models and processes for business acceleration; reviewing competitor and current internal best practices, and identifying emerging opportunities based on changes in the market, regulatory environment, etc. Promote sustainable growth in the region by maintaining a strong positive image of in the marketplace. Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- 5+ years of relevant business experience in the healthcare, financial services industry or in insurance operations. Preferably with Global Employee Benefits & Healthcare experience.
- Ability to communicate a clear and concise message in English and Spanish (French & Portuguese are a plus).
- Appropriate insurance licenses are required. All required licenses must be obtained and in good standing within three months following the date of hire.
- Exceptional project management, negotiation, oral, writing and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to multi-task and work in evolving environment. Need to be aware of global/ regional best EB business practices and be able to adapt communication approach to different markets, taking local cultures and matrix reporting structures into consideration. Must have strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to find better ways to grow a business (products and channels). Proven track record on business development and of building collaborative partnerships and alliances while holding people accountable. Should have strong analytical, interpersonal and project management skills. Must have clear understanding of business operations, KPI development, financial analysis and business research, development and planning.
- Proficiency with computer systems. Strong MS Office (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word) skills.
- Bachelor or Master Degree, MBA preferred
As a global role, the incumbents should expect travel, including international travel, to be on the order of 10 – 35% of their time. May conduct short-term international assignments to develop or implement key projects.
Global Employee Benefits
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 40781