Business Development Manager - Professional Services
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posted: November 15, 2017
Reference ID: JR-22483
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) Human Capital Management solutions for managing global businesses. As a Workday HCM Business Development Manager for our Professional Services organization, you will be responsible for strategy, management, and execution of all Professional Services business development activities in your area. You will be a key team member of the Workday sales team, working alongside the Workday Account Executives, driving Workday Subscription sales.
You'll use your experience with Consulting sales and delivery to help prospects put together their plan for a successful project, including resources, timeline, and costs. You'll employ effective selling strategies to successfully position Workday's SaaS Solutions as the modern alternative to costly legacy ERP On-Premise solutions. You will work closely with Workday Service Partners to help them plan successful projects and grow their business. If you have a stellar Consulting delivery and sales track record, are a self starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Workday is the place for you.
• Understand the competitive landscape and prospect needs so you can effectively position the value of Workday Solutions and Professional Services.
• Present Workday Customer Services Overview to all prospects in your area.
• Work with the sales team to determine Services Strategy for prospect accounts.
• Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with Workday Service Partners.
• Conduct services discovery session and validate services scope.
• Assess project team training needs for prospects.
• Create and validate Professional Services Proposal and Project Plan.
• Manage Professional Services statement-of-work and contracting process.
• Maintain accurate and timely prospect, pipeline, and service forecast data.
• Mentor new services team members.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management.
• Team player, with self-starter attitude.
• Great presentation skills while participating in a fast-paced, complex product and services sales cycle.
• Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of a SaaS architecture.
• HCM Project Delivery Experience - for example, Human Resources, Benefits, Time Tracking, Payroll, Performance Management, Compensation, or comparable.
• Strong knowledge of vendors, products, and services in the Human Resources enterprise application space.
• 8+ years of experience in Consulting Delivery and Sales in an enterprise-class customer environment, and experience with SaaS is a plus.
• A Bachelor's degree is required; a Master's degree is a plus.
• Up to 50% travel.