Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive at building businesses within white spaces? As a Business Development Manager you will co-create a North American business strategy and develop capabilities within the organization to service a division of one of Unilever's newest, fastest growing business units. RESPONSIBILITIES
- As the P&L Owner, you will be responsible for working together with strategic partners in markets, various departments in Unilever to drive the Professional Business within N. America.
- You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of the needs of the customers we serve, a clear understanding of the Market landscape, adapt / develop routes to Market and drive the activation plans of various solutions across channels together with our Strategic partners.
- You will be responsible for working with the Marketing functions to identify innovations that need to be brought to the market in the fastest possible timings and drive the launch in the appropriate channels.
- You will represent Unilever in market and will have to activate the range at various trade shows and events.
- You will be responsible for developing the Joint Business Plans (JBP) in market with key players and drive periodic reviews with Key customers.
- This is highly collaborative role and you will interface with Marketing, Supply Chain, R&D and OPCO.
- Jointly conduct market/ opportunity assessment with customers. Discuss and agree launch plans, distribution reach, pricing, volumes, promotional support etc.
- Manage Pricing / Oversee Supplies and New Initiative landing
- Conduct periodic reviews across broad spectrum of topics, drive improvements to strengthen customer relationships
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous experience selling professional cleaning/personal care solutions is required.
- Experience working across cross functional teams is strongly desired.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to access what actions are required and proactively take the initiative.
- Opportunity to have co-ownership in the creation of a geographical business model.
- Work with some of our Global iconic brands!! Check out our amazing portfolio: https://www.unileverusa.com/brands/
- "Agile" working - flexibility to work from home
- Career growth - we offer best in class training & development programs!
- Collaborative work environment - we believe working together achieves the best results
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure
- Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid vacation & holidays
At Unilever we are developing new business practices that grow both our company and communities. Our ambition is to double the size of our business, while reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. Along the way we will help more than a billion people take action to improve their own health and well-being. Click to learn more about our Sustainable Living plan: https://www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Unilever takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.