Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the rewards of technological advances. At Panasonic, our success depends on every single employee's contributions - because the more we grow as individuals, the more we grow as a company.
Through its broad range of integrated business technology solutions, Panasonic empowers professionals to do their best work. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to reach their full potential, achieve competitive advantage and improve outcomes. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance systems, retail information systems, office productivity solutions, high definition visual conferencing, projectors, professional displays and HD and 3D video 4K Cinema production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA), the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
Currently, PSCNA has an immediate opening available for a Business Development Manager focused on In Car Video and Body Worn Cameras. Candidate must reside in CA
Business Ethics and Professionalism
- The BDM is a team player and works with others in mind and respects the responsibilities of peers, and other PSCNA Divisions. The BDM is timely and accurate with all administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to expenses, training, conference calls, POS Claiming, Special Pricing Requests and Deal Registration approvals. The BDM should show a level of urgency when responding to customers, partners and other Panasonic peers. A normal and expected response would be within 6-8 business hours for voice mail, email, and other communication.
- The BDM continually conducts oneself in a highly ethical, moral, and professional fashion. The BDM is consistently on time for meetings, conference calls, and other time sensitive events. The BDM has a high degree of loyalty to PSCNA and makes decisions based on the company versus personal gain. The BDM is expected to take at least one professional development training per year.
Partner Management and Growth
- Effectively develop a channel strategy specifically for the territory. This plan should include existing partner trainings and development, partnership with local events such as roadshows equating to net new pipeline. Pursue new incremental accounts and opportunities, work to identify and authorize strategic resellers, invests time wisely in training and development, motivate reps, respond in a timely and professional manner. Visits to resellers should be focused on trainings and coordinated around end user sales calls. Regular meetings with resellers and channel partners should include reviews of business and strategy.
- Build long term pipeline, having at least a strategy to maintain a current book of business. Laying the groundwork to uncover new deals and opportunities in the future, by setting up roadshows, attending local law enforcement events, and scheduling end user sales visits fall between 16-20 per month. At least one roadshow should be scheduled each month focused on a minimum of 10 new opportunities for Arbitrator.
- Recognizes and acts on opportunities, develops, and grows account contacts, timely follow-up to issues, and is professional and responsive to customer needs and requests. Effective use of conversational questioning skills to uncover end user needs, issues, and other information necessary to successfully close an opportunity. Maintain contact; fulfill all customer care responsibilities and other sales support requirements to ensure maximum customer retention levels.
- The BDM should be working with customer purchasing agents, reseller/partner purchases from distribution, and available inventory of available product.
Piloting and Product POC Management
- The BDM effectively manages end user piloting activities equating to closed business. An effective BDM will be able to manage 10-20 active pilot efforts (with resellers) at any given time. Territory and reseller strategy should include these piloting efforts, and a win ratio of 90% should be maintained. The BDM should effectively engage members and work partners to report project status and feedback from the opportunity. Other PSCNA divisions, and partners should work in sync with the BDM on each piloting opportunity to ensure maximum value proposition to the customer and to deliver the maximum value of Panasonic’s value.
Business Profitability and Pricing Programs
- The BDM should be well aware of PSCNA’s pricing policies and structure of dealer pricing programs and adhere to the guidelines on pricing. Business conflicts and issues must be handled professionally by the BDM. Price requests only granted when complete customer and opportunity data is known and any price concessions are within the requirements of the program and are being met by reseller partners. The BDM should always position Panasonic professional services in each opportunity. The BDM should work diligently to get Arbitrator Products and Services on as many contracts as possible.
- BDM’s are also responsible for company equipment and ensuring we maximize value of this equipment. Demo programs are in place for dealers and should be utilized prior to equipment giveaways. The BDM should always look for ways to be cost effective on travel, entertainment and other business expenses.
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion. #LI-NR1 Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in business/marketing or other degree with focus relevant to the Law Enforcement Technology Industry is expected.
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in Law enforcement and video technology.
• Extremely proficient in the technology trends impacting California.
• Considerable experience and expertise with State and Local purchasing processes and contracts that are available for our products.
• Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, self-starter. Willingness and ability to prioritize tasks, set daily action items, and work independently with minimal supervision
• Superior organization and time management skills. Detail oriented with excellent follow-through and follow-up
• Diligent work ethic. Willingness to take initiative and ownership of strategic projects and move deliverables to completion
• Flexible, adaptable team player with strong interpersonal skills. Resourcefulness to effectively navigate the internal organization to resolve issues and achieve objectives.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
• Strong computer skills with a high level of competence in the areas of email, spreadsheets, and presentation development
• Broad experience & knowledge across multiple areas of the State and Local government.
• Significant experience using and/or promoting business-to-business technologies to the In Car Vide/Body Worn Camera sectors.
• Ability to identify new business opportunities and areas for improvement. Communication skills to present the opportunity and achieve buy-in. Conviction to drive to their completion.
• Experience developing, presenting, and executing strategic plans and business cases to achieve buy-in of necessary stakeholders.
• Candidates will be expected to grow the reseller channel by working with new and existing partners, negotiating contracts, holding sales trainings, product trainings, and promoting the value of our products and solutions.
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation . Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America .
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.