Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Qualified individuals will be responsible for the successful development and capture of contracts in federal markets, primarily focused on Department of Defense agencies located in the Northwest, the Pacific Rim, and Alaska. Activities include developing market intelligence, preparing capture strategies and teaming arrangements, and assisting in the preparation of proposals.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Manages all aspects of federal business development for the Area, which includes:
• Maintaining pipeline of contract opportunities.
• Working and coordinating with various company sales teams to capture new contracts.
• Preparing technical and commercial compliant proposals in compliance with company policies and government requirements.
• Negotiating price, terms and conditions, deliverables, and other business issues within a broad scope of responsibility, and ensuring contract provisions are clear and conform to company policies and government requirements.
• Maintaining point of contact with the customer on RFPs and conducting customer presentations as required.
• Cultivating and improving partnerships by attending and participating in public events, professional associations, meetings, and other programs. Generating documents and various reports and assisting with development of communication materials and resources to promote greater awareness and understanding of company business initiatives and operations.
• Maintaining knowledge about current regulations and legislation that have a direct impact on company business.
• Planning and conducting research to identify opportunities that advance business goals, promote ideas, products, and services.
• Arranging and organize public appearances or exhibits for WM to increase visibility, maximize communications, and promote good-will.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in federal contracts business development
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) guidelines and US Government contracting
• Environmental clean-up knowledge
• Knowledge of government contract structures and contract types
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Experience in assisting technical personnel develop business strategies
• Proactive and proven track record of performance
• Highly organized, with attention to details, time management, and deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Team player and work independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in engineering, environmental sciences, business, or similar area of study, and five or more years of previous experience. Must have ability to obtain security clearances.
Department of Defense and/or federal business development background, particularly in Alaska, the Pacific Rim, and the Northwest.
IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) part of the work day;
• Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
• Travel 50% of time
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
A little about us:
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.