Business Development Rep
Location: Plano, TX
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Symantec needs help managing all the leads we generate through marketing! This pivotal position takes cold leads,or makes cold calls, and turns them into warm leads for the sales executives and strategic partners. You know the role -- call, call again and then call some more to get the attention of the right target. Our products sell themselves once we get to the right people. If you love making money by helping prospects learn and see the value of a great product, then you need to work here.
- As a part of the Marketing demand engine, call on lists and/or leads generated from marketing campaigns and convert them to qualified sales opportunities
- Ensure marketing generated sales opportunities are qualified to the pre-defined criteria and distribute them accordingly to the relevant sales team or individual sales person as directed
- Meet/exceed all assigned performance targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Follow all best practices for maintaining Salesforce.com database accuracy and completeness which includes updating records regularly
- Provide feedback to marketing and sales leadership as needed to assist optimizing campaign effectiveness
- Represent Symantec at all times in the utmost professional manner while always putting the customer first
- College Degree preferred
- Previous experience as a telemarketer or telephone based customer support position desired
- Basic understanding or strong interest in email & internet technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Office Automation Experience (MS Office, Outlook, Salesforce.com)
- Candidate seeking a career in technology sales
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.