- The Business Dev Rep will own all aspects of local/regional relationship with assigned strategic Service Provider partner while acting as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales Sales & Marketing teams. The role will be focused on role will be to developing productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner account(s) whilst ensuring consistent pipeline and growth in sell-through revenues of Symantec powered solutions. seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in managing joint demand-generation with the Channel, developing sales leads from initial contact to successful closure marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with across your assigned partner account(s), customers and Symantec peers alike to ensure optimal business growth. customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts
- Coordinates the involvement of Symantec personnel, including Inside/Field Sales & Marketing, Solutions Sellers & Product Management, Customer Support and Service and Management Resources in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners' expectations.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Qualify and support the management of leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship
- Conducts joint Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) and annual strategic planning with partner team
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources
- Identifies partner enablement requirements and communicates to xSP Enablement group
- Supports development of robust enablement and training programs and oversees rollout of dedicated training and enablement initiatives against objectives
- Manages potential channel conflict with other sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans Requirements
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.