Business Development Representative V
Location: Reston, Virginia
Posted: August 31, 2016
Reference ID: 16000Z0X
• Develop and maintain the multi-year strategic plan for national intelligence environment to meet or exceed customer objectives and Oracle sales goals, working with key government decision makers. Ensure that NSG strategy and plan reflect continuously changing national intelligence needs and priorities, and meet the test of Government policy and fiscal constraints.
• Help shape Oracle's execution of the strategy and plan by orchestration and leadership of activities across the different pillars and other organizations and partners.
• Influence and lead strategic and tactical information gathering and planning efforts within business development, sales, product, consulting, and support pillars to ensure Government requirements and needs are represented accurately. Ensure that Oracle understands and focuses on real pain points, present and future, as well as formal requirements.
• Manage the interface between the Senior IC and DOD decision makers and all Oracle personnel to ensure an effective alignment model and communications. Create a quarterly mission review cadence with senior decision makers, especially Oracle supporters, to track our progress on aligned focus areas / work streams and other interactions.
• Gain agreement with senior government decision makers around critical work streams aligned with their key mission and business transformations and imperatives, working with all Oracle teams, based on direct input and feedback.
• Optimize and expand the use, and value to Government, of existing contracts such as the Cloud License Agreement, moving into new services and Big Data capabilities.
• Own escalation issues for the senior Community decision makers and quickly drive those escalations to closure; create a high level of customer satisfaction in DOD and IC leadership and a win-win environment for the Oracle resources involved.
Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and designs "go-to-market" plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Pursues sales opportunities in the market, and carries the baton in the beginning of the sales cycle.
A Business Development Representative is assigned to strategic accounts which may be grouped by industry where Oracle has a limited presence. Acts as primary liaison between Consulting, Sales, and Oracle Development for the product*s sales opportunities. Generates business opportunities through prospecting mass market programs and leveraging third party partners. Develops and coordinates a worldwide relationship with customers that establishes Oracle as a preferred vendor and optimizes Oracle*s sales of product. Executes aggressive strategies and plans to successfully drive the product as the preferred customer selection. Provides account representatives with information on how the product addresses specific needs, and assists account representatives in using Oracle*s products to leverage large revenue opportunities. Assists in articulating product message, coordinates technical resources and hands off deals to a successful close.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. 12 years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales or sales management. Marketing and business development experience preferred. Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to negotiate and close complex deals. Ability to determine strategy and tactical plans that deliver tangible results. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to Travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.