Location: Washington, DC Metro Area
Splunk SEs must be able to answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's technical staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- We seek someone who will challenge customers in how they are thinking about their problems
- You will also challenge Splunk in how we serve our customers
- Enlighten and provide insight as to how Splunk can transform customer operations
- Guide customers toward the realization that Splunk is the only solution of its kind
- Identify and build Splunk champions within your customers
- Commit to customer success
- Celebrate your customer's success (You'll be doing a lot of this)
- Understand which word is in every bullet above. Figure that out and you will understand your mission at Splunk. Have fun!
Our Most Successful Sales Engineers:
- Are visionaries who demonstrate that real experience trumps time served
- Treat their job as their craft and are serious about constantly improving it
- Love technology, but more relevantly love articulating the value of technology
- Prepare themselves to go as broad as possible and as deep as necessary
- Relish being challenged by customers and constantly challenging themselves
- Entice our customers with vision while being pragmatic trusted advisors
- Possess and demonstrate conviction regarding the value of Splunk
Highly desirable attributes:
- Practical experience with Federal Acquisition processes (RFC, RFI, RFP, etc.)
- Practical experience reviewing and drafting responses to Federal requests for comment, requests for information, requests for proposals, et cetera
- Passionate about crafting client-ready presentations, whitepapers, discussion documents, and RFP responses that are appropriately scoped, technically accurate, as well as structurally and grammatically precise
- Proven experience communicating the business value of a technical solution via executive-level briefings to CIO, CISO, CIO, technical stakeholders, etc.
- Committed to delivering software or other technical demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences -- experience doing so with Splunk is highly desirable
- Experience administering both Linux or Windows systems - Linux expertise is helpful
- Experience writing code scripting to automate common tasks (Python, bash, Ruby, etc.)
- Prior technical sales technical services experience 5+ years
Other desirable differentiators:
- Collaborative experience at a Federal Systems Integrator in a client-facing technical role
- Prior experience using Splunk in an operational context
- Experience designing and implementing analytic dashboards or other visualization improvements in a production environment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar course of study - equivalent professional experience will be considered
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.