RR Donnelley, is the world's premier full-service global print provider and the largest printing company in North America, serving customers in publishing, healthcare, advertising, retail, technology, financial services, and many other industries. A business-to-business sales position with RR Donnelley offers the ideal opportunity to realize impressive earnings quickly while extensive training provides our sales team with the in-depth product knowledge and professional selling skills to service existing accounts and develop new business.
In this position, you will primarily develop new business in the Pittsburgh, PA area. You will sell our services, which may include our entire scope of printed and digital offerings. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing action plans for penetration into our existing account base. Travel within the assigned territory is required.
Our sales role is open-ended and exposes you to several career paths that enthusiastic high achievers can take to move into leadership positions within our company. All sales are Business-to-Business outside sales.
- Sells RR Donnelley Product Offering and Services by developing and interacting with new and existing customers.
- New Business Development
- All Sales are Business to Business Outside Sales
- Develop business plan for account to meet or exceed sales, marketing and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Interfaces with key customer executives in a professional, mutually beneficial partnership.
- Retain and grow revenue, grow account share.
- Introduce client to new products that match business needs.
- Meet sales budget requirements.
- Anticipates a customer's needs, expectations, and sells RRD capabilities.
- Interacts with manufacturing divisions and corporate staffs to develop proposals, pricing and credit terms, with the goal of negotiating terms and contracts with prospects and customers.
- Understands the markets in which RR Donnelley and its customers compete and the forces that affect a customer's profitability.
- Assesses competitor's strategy and neutralizes with a competitive counter strategy.
- Conducts strategic sales/manufacturing needs analysis individually or with a team.
- Communicates the impact of today's actions on future opportunities.
- Develops business plan to maximize profitability.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- 1-3 years outside sales experience required.
- Demonstrated success in sourcing and securing new clients.
- Print or related industry is not required, but a strong plus
- Proven track record of exceeding sales budget year over year
- The ideal candidate must be self-driven with an entrepreneurial edge, and have experience working on both small and large accounts.
- Candidates must possess a confident personality suitable for handling cold calls and account management. Excellent presentation, organization, verbal and written communication are mandatory.
- Candidates are expected to be able to converse fluently at all contact level with an organization (from Junior to C-level).
- Candidates must possess and subscribe to high work and business ethics, and be extremely self motivated.
- Ability to apply market knowledge relative to competition, market share, opportunities, etc. is essential.
- This position is commission based.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.