Healthcare Life Sciences
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
At work for a healthier world.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare Life Sciencesprovides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people. Through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what's needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow. We add value to our customers by:
* Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
* Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
* Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore, WAVE, Applied Precision, Xcellerex and more.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Business Development Specialist
Client, Account and Affiliate Origination and Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
This role acts as the technical sales specialist for all Growth and Pharma accounts in MA, CT, in addition to three named NJ accounts for current Dharmacon portfolio (Gene Modulation and Gene Editing/RNAi and CRISPR), as well as leads the strategic development and execution of a new business area for oligonucleotide-based applications. This role will partner with peers within the Dharmacon modality as well as in the matrixed Life Sciences account community.
• Own and deliver financial performance for full Dharmacon portfolio
• Identify target end user accounts and create account plans in conjunction with local modality specialists and account managers
• Create and/or maintain Dharmacon specific business plans and set priorities
• Deliver technical and commercial seminars
• Work with Account Managers and modality colleagues to drive business opportunities within the territory
• Growing the sales funnel by seeking and finding new customers using RNAi and CRISPR technologies
• Monitoring and responding to market & industry trends within the territory
Leading Business Development:
• Maintain relationships with the senior management/owners within Dharmacon and the sales team
• Identify and cultivate relationships on day-to-day basis and provide operational support
• Act as business development coach to grow Dharmacon's oligonucleotide-based applications.
• Simplify the point of contact between GE Life Sciences and the customer, by proactively aligning internal GE resources to support the customer
• Introduce and coordinate delivery of Dharmacon business development programs and commitments
1. Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemistry/Biochemistry or related field
2. At least 7 years of experience in sales in Life Sciences with proven track record of successful territory growth
3. Strong business finance knowledge
4. Successful experience in multi-stakeholder environment
5. High ethics and integrity
6. Fluent in English
7. Strong contracts, legal, commercial & negotiation skills
8. Proven coordination, communication and influencing skills to set and drive an agenda with customers and commercial leaders
9. Customer focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to internal and external customer needs
10. Ability to build rapport, energize and influence people
11. Analytical with strong ability to assimilate complex data and simplify solutions
12. Interpersonal flexibility and tolerance
13. Ability to travel 50%, including 40% overnight travel
14. Must live in assigned geography
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
2. Proven track record in Business Development at the C-suite level
3. Experience with Nucleic Acid chemistry, and or Cell Therapy
4. Direct and/ or indirect leadership experience
5. Exposure to business coaching within SME environment
6. MBA desirable, ability to analyze business models
7. Strong preference for candidates located within Boston metropolitan area
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.