NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Relationship-driven Commercial Banking meets Capital One information based strategy. As a Business Director in our Marketing & Analysis team your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of analysts responsible for creating and measuring performance against strategic objectives and industry dynamics; monitor portfolio risk trends and partner with our LOB partners to formulate the step forward.
- Develop and enhance a set of metrics to monitor portfolio drivers and forward leaning profitability and risk indicators and review trends
- Create new risk frameworks to drive optimal management of credit risk and segment desirability across Commercial Bank
- Provide input on the creation of C suite and Board of Director presentations to report on Commercial Bank progress or recommend major new investments
- Provide business intent for improvements to Commercial data infrastructure that supports metrics, reporting or analysis agenda
Key business partners include:
- Head of our LOBs and Segment Leaders
- Underwriting Leadership
- Commercial Credit Risk Management
- Commercial Finance
Critical to his/her success will be the ability to connect and integrate objectives, navigate difficult conversations, prioritize between competing demands, and earn the confidence and trust of key internal stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to manage up, across, and down in a large organization and win support for change recommendations
- Ability to support and lead new business initiatives from ideation through implementation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine intellectual curiosity and passion for achieving business results
- Solid business judgment and quantitative analytical/statistical skills
- Comfort establishing relationships with individuals in a wide range of job families
- Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, or Engineering) or military experience
- 10 years of experience in Financial industry, Consulting or other business analysis roles
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree
- Experience in Commercial Banking, prior consulting or analytical experience is a plus
- Must be able to establish and maintain high level of credibility with all levels of internal and external customers
- Demonstrated people management skills
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.