• Bachelors Degree in IT/related discipline or equivalent experience
• Strong experience in a Pharma business related industry and in a leadership position
• Strong experience establishing an implementable broad communication, marketing strategy with the ability to oversee execution
• Demonstrate interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills which can be applied effectively at all organisational levels and across functional boundaries
• Ability to inspire, enable and support both line and matrixed staff to deliver their best
• Experience in Digital Media delivery
You will be accountable for the successful creation and execution of a strategy that will ensure every interaction or touch-point R&D and IT have results in a positive understanding of the value that IT delivers for R&D. R&D needs to feel well connected to all aspects of IT in an effort to drive simplification of IT in the eyes of R&D. This role will provide leadership, vision and direction to members of R&D IT and IT roles broadly around effectively engaging directly with R&D to ensure that IT is viewed as the strategic thinking, delivery focused, optimal organization it is.
• Substantial experience in internal communications, including dedicated internal communications roles
• Substantial experience leading internal communication programmes that support cultural and organisational change within large, complex and unionised organizations
• Ability to successfully influence and manage stakeholder relationships at director/executive level, including coaching them on their communications delivery
• Proven ability to grasp, understand and promote complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive and sensible way to different audiences
• Excellent organisational and planning skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to operate effectively under pressure and changing priorities and to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team as required.
• Equally at ease managing traditional communication channels alongside digital and social media channels.
• Excellent writing/editing skills for a variety of media (print, web, broadcast)
• Proven ability to work with and interact effectively with all levels of the organization, from the most senior to the most junior levels
• Customer focus - understanding relationship management, effective networking and collaborative ways of working
• Problem-solving abilities suitable for constructing concise accurate, timely and effective communications relating to highly complex issues, which cross organizational boundaries
• Rigorous attention to detail
• Event management experience
• IT literate
• Previous R&D experience usefulf
• Previous experience and hands-on use of SharePoint useful
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.