: 4A Hiring Manager:
Joseph T Parker HR Rep:
Shelby L Smith Location:
Toledo World Headquarters Description:
The FP&A Leader partners with the Commercial, Operations and Business Finance Leaders to provide a comprehensive view of the Insulation Business segment about financial results and forecasts. This position also leads the annual operations plan and long range financial planning processes. It contributes analyses in support of quarterly earnings announcements, Board Meetings, and Executive and Operating Committee meetings. It is a key liaison between our Insulation business, Corporate FP&A, External Reporting and Investor Relations. This position also will lead many areas of analysis of business financial performance and decision support. Reports to:
VP of Finance, InsulationSpan of Control:
Three Analysts will report to this role; Sr. FP&A Analyst, FALP, Supply Chain Analyst (dotted line)Responsibilities:
- Drive the financial performance of the business segment.
- Provides objective insights, timely reporting, effective analysis and overall finance support to ensure productive management reviews, financially based decisions and proactive response to market conditions.
- Maximize profitability, margin realization, cash flow, working capital and fixed asset utilization.
- Identify risks and ensure accountable action plans are in place to mitigate them.
- Ensure high quality and effective staff work.
- Business Planning: create accurate forecasts that inform leadership and other stakeholders of the most likely outlook for the business.
- Leads financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for the segment.
- Collaborates with finance and business leaders in developing actionable plans and forecasts.
- Produces predictable business projections via sales/operations planning and financial forecasting.
- Monitors the monthly closing process in conjunction with the Accounting team.
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to plan, forecast, and prior year.
- Provides risk analysis for contingency planning.
- Applies external perspective and maintains knowledge of the segment's competitive environment, market conditions, customers, and profit drivers.
- Reporting & Analysis: communicate financial and business performance clearly and with impact
- Provides concise and effective reporting of financial results in a timely manner.
- Translates the strategic and operational plans of the business into communications to a broad based audience.
- Supports quarterly disclosure processes within the business segments including MD&A preparation and review of business results, SEC disclosures and business narratives, employee communications and review of business results with external auditors.
- Provides effective and timely financial information, thoughtful business insights/analytics and business performance evaluations to ensure that Business leaders are effective in creating and executing the business segment's strategy and operating plan.
- Provides insightful and competitive analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making.
- Business Process Excellence: lead the continuous improvement of systems, tools, and methodologies
- Is an enabler of Finance Business Process Excellence (known as oneFINANCE) philosophies.
- Designs and owns an efficient and effective financial forecasting process.
- Implements, maintains and improves reporting which conforms to OC financial reporting standards and oneFINANCE principles.
- Develops expertise and leverages past and future investments in technology tools to continue to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of FP&A processes.
- Ensures compliance with oneFINANCE guiding principles and OC Financial Standards.
- Lead across the Company, business group, and Finance function.
- Team with other leaders across the Company, business group, and Finance function to maximize performance of Owens Corning, lead change, and grow talent.
- Influence the CFO Leadership Team and other Finance leadership teams to elevate the performance of the Finance function.
- Is an effective and participatory member of the segment and group finance leadership teams.
- Is regarded by the employees of Owens Corning as a role model for their growth, development and conduct.
- Teach financial acumen and business information concepts to ensure that financial based decision-making occurs at every level of the business.
- Share business and financial best practices across the segment, group and Company.
- Lead and develop talent.
Job RequirementsMinimum Requirements:
- Create "complete" jobs with strong accountability and development opportunities.
- Create an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation.
- Effectively build a diverse team with competent people using the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer-term succession needs and to ensure the organization has the necessary outstanding talent.
- Invest in the growth and development of their direct reports and other identified talent in their organization.
- Be engaged in personal development.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business.
- 5+ years progressive financial analysis experience in a manufacturing/corporate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process improvements.
- Experience with SAP, Business Objects, and Business Explorer or similar systems required.Experience:
- Demonstrated process focused and organized work style.
- Functioning in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action.
- Demonstrated rate of growth and success in prior roles.
- Experience with financial planning, forecasting, consolidation and reporting.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
About Owens Corning
- Strong financial and analytical acumen.
- Corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles, understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics, principles of cost control/management.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint) skills.
- Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition, and the market to drive business decisions.
- Distills multiple points of view and inputs to develop near and long-term actions.
- Effective listening skills, with flexibility in approach to solutions.
- Can successfully form and then share candid and sometimes unpopular messages.
- Post-graduate education or certification preferred - MBA, CPA, etc.
- Must be a self-starter, be an active participant on teams, and proactively meet with internal or external customers to meet their needs.
- Must be able to manage many project simultaneously and prioritize workload appropriately.
- Must be able to respond easily and quickly to shifting business priorities.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level and bias for proactive action.
- Enjoys keeping score to know whether the business segment is winning.
- Loves the best ideas, not his/her own ideas.
- Can teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms.
- Gets others to open up, offer information, and share points of view.
- Functions in a manner that defines winning for the team rather than the individual.
- Operates with independent objectivity, does not allow feelings, relationships, or biases to distract reasoning.
- Owns misses and learns from failure.
- Ability to develop strong partnership / teambuilding relationships.
- Has an operating style, awareness of self, and ability to adapt across various cultures and multiple environments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new systems and a changing business environment.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology