Business Foundations Development Lead - Minecraft
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: December 04, 2017
Reference ID: 1083162
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and fosters a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. We are looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineering Lead to lead development for the Minecraft Business Foundations team. The business foundations team uses data about where players and potential players are in their lifecycle and drives development work to onboard, engage, or reengage players. Excellent communication skills and experience with delivering through influence are a must.
• Work with the business and data teams to produce and automate analysis of player lifecycle.
• Identify changes to the way Minecraft is sold and/or licensed that enable more flexibility with how we price, bundle Minecraft Franchise content and goods.
• Design elegant solutions to incent players to engage or reengage (for example: targeted offers, better player onboarding, etc.)
• Support development of engineering efforts across B2C (direct to consumer – in game) and B2B (via 3P marketplaces).
• Overcome obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identify and resolve teamwork issues. Engage and maintain consistent communication with all relevant parties.
• Lead a team of generalists composed on and off-site vendors.
• Ensure consistent, usable, forward-looking, maintainable unit and functional tests and associated infrastructure. Draw from a large base of design patterns, is an expert in available technologies, and is adept at identifying practices that work well.
• Lead by example within the team by producing simple, extensible, and maintainable code with very few defects. Find and fix classes of defects.
• Lead design and code reviews across the feature area, understand the root causes of issues, and find ways to resolve them.
• Optimize team processes to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
• Take a player centric approach.
• 8+ years of software engineering experience
• Experience leading a team of developers and influencing others
• Understands the features and capabilities of modern services
• Cross platform development experience
• Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to quickly prototype and iterate
• Self-directed and takes initiative to drive progress
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.