Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Business Improvement Manager
supporting our Global Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology, and Equipment division.JOB OBJECTIVE:
Reporting to the Director of Transformation, the Business Improvement Manager will support the Global Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology, and Engineering organization (GEMTE) in achieving its goals of reducing complexity, increasing competitiveness, and achieving business growth.
The successful candidate will contribute to the establishment of management processes and reporting methods used to track Key Performance Indicators and Quality Metrics, aligned with business improvement goals. He/she will participate in driving portfolio priorities across more than a dozen strategic initiatives across technical and business units.
The candidate is expected to lead projects using data driven decision making and structured problem solving. He/she will display a high level of leadership and be able to motivate, energize and execute change initiatives. This includes leading cross functional project teams, and a tackling a variety of technically complex and/or culturally complex problem statements.
The candidate will challenge status quo when appropriate, while leveraging the existing strengths of the organization. He/she will demonstrate proven improvement strategies supported by statistical rigor and/or lean methodologies. The candidate will serve as a change agent and advocate for improvement methodology and culture, and understand line of sight to increased business profitability. JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of experience in a technology focused corporation(s)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field
- Black belt or green belt certification is preferred
- Experience driving quality goals with measurable improvement in performance
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to recommend alternative solutions and translate complex concepts into simplified and understandable examples. Ability to apply statistical and mathematical concepts to problem solving.
- Advanced project management skills including oversight of project teams, resource identification, budgets, scheduling and planning.
- Demonstrated change management skills. Ability to diagnose and affect cultural change in moderate to difficult circumstances. Ability to constructively manage conflict.
- Ability to work across all levels to influence key stakeholders and lead through influence. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, desire to learn new skills, and desire to continue assuming broader leadership roles in the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively at senior levels of the organization.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world. To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21812BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.