/ Your Talent. Our Vision. / At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Prefer the Business Information Developer be located at any of the following HCA office locations: Indianapolis, IN, Richmond or Virginia Beach, VA, Atlanta, GA, New York, NY, Wallingford, CT, Chicago, IL, Mason, OH, Minnetonka, MI, Denver, CO, Woodland Hills or Thousand Oaks, CA but will consider any Anthem location
Responsible for developing and executing complex data mining analyses, which involves the design and execution of programs to extract data. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Develops and executes data mining analyses
Uses program languages to extract data
Develops new and standard reports utilizing data warehouse information
Programs and writes queries and reports
Establishes and maintains strong knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, related programming languages, and data integrity issues
Develops and supports data warehouse-related applications for business areas requiring design and implementation of database tables
Conducts training on use of applications developed
• BS/BA degree or Management Science and Information technology.
• 2 or more years related analytical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• PC, spreadsheet, and database skills, as well as experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages is also required.
• The majority of time will be spent programming.
• Database and web development experience required.
• Technical experience: MS SQL server, Oracle, Teradata SQL Assistant experience required.
• Programming: Java/Java Script, SAS , .Net experience preferred. Experience with Big Data Hadoop is preferred.
• Proficient in all Microsoft office products in particular MS Access, MS Excel is required.
• Solid working knowledge and experience with EDWard is required (tables, views).
• Ability to perform QAQC of SQL scripts, queries and functional user acceptance testing (UAT).
• Ability to develop and execute complex data mining queries for analyses and identification of trends based on captured data.
• Ability to complete statistical analyses of data and metrics.
• Ability to manipulate large sets of data for trending identification.
• Experience in creating dashboards and ad hoc reports based on captured data.
• Knowledge to build various databases is helpful.
• Experience with SharePoint, Visio and is preferred.
• Healthcare background helpful.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Job Reporting & Data Analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Business Information Developer -133048
Requisition ID: 133048
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.