Let’s talk about you
You have a proven track record of success but you’re looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you’ll find that opportunity. You’ll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Let’s talk about us
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Let’s talk about the job
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) strives to help investors achieve their financial goals through investment solutions managed by specialized investment teams and backed by collaborative service. WFAM’s investment approach centers on autonomous investment teams that maintain their own independent research, idea-generation, and decision-making processes. Its independent investment risk management approach provides a consistent, unbiased framework for analyzing and balancing risk in portfolios. WFAM offers the expertise of over 29 investment teams—each focused on specialized, niche portfolio management strategies—that attempt to meet the diverse needs of our investors.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) is seeking a Business Initiative Consultant to lead and support initiatives focused on governance activities spanning technology, finance and governance for large market data providers and trade commission operations. The successful candidate will be an analyst responsible for supporting the Head of WFAM Subscriptions and Licenses. This role will interface directly with Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) teams and business leaders, Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) partners, Enterprise Technology, Market Data Services, Supply Chain Management and key service providers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting operations teams on prioritized projects, assisting with market data requirements, contract considerations and negotiations through research, analysis, and fact-finding. Identifying, evaluating and developing solutions that are cost effective while maintaining consistency across WFAM where possible and meeting business requirements.
- Plan and execute a variety of business initiatives affecting broker trade commissions and market data or investment research services. Examples might include, but are not limited to: integrations of acquired investment portfolio teams, onboarding of WIM portfolio teams or approval and onboarding of new service providers.
- Manage select WFAM vendor relationships within the Third Party Risk and Information Management System (TRIMS) and in ESourcing and Emptoris for Supply Chain.
- Partner with WFAM, WIM and Supply Chain management in vendor negotiation and contract discussions. Play lead role for the line of business as subject matter expert on usage of data/tools and license dispersion to drive negotiations.
- Lead efforts to continually improve delivery and automation of regulatory and client commission reporting.
- Work with WFAM investment teams to identify cost savings and leverage broader WIM vendor relationships.
- Facilitate the approval of soft dollar expenses and invoices through approved third party brokers.
- Facilitate maintenance and communication of service user changes with internal partners and third party providers.
- Coordinate the delivery and tracking of external investment research and market data products across WFAM footprint.
- Manage the soft dollar broker trade vote, system infrastructure ratio calculations, and Commission Trade Management Committee quarterly reporting materials.
- Analyze, reconcile and ensure accuracy and integrity of trade commission and vendor cost data.
- Support trading operations and compliance teams with soft dollar regulatory change implementation and analysis.
- Lead necessary commission and vendor service tracking tool system changes or enhancements by coordinating the project plan, testing and analysis.
- Build relationships with key business partners to ensure proper communication, escalation and awareness between the teams and with senior leadership about the overall landscape of trade commissions and associated vended market data.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in financial reporting or corporate budgeting
- Strong understanding of technology, compliance and vendor management expected practices with the ability to effectively assess risk and alignment with Wells Fargo policies and standards
- Desire to learn and analyze new systems for management and reporting of vended services and equity trade commissions.
- Ability to effectively manage partner relationships (including service providers and supply chain management)
- Experience in asset management
- Experience with business and data analysis and problem resolution
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead/participate in multiple, concurrent initiatives
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.