Oncology Business Insight Manager/ Leader, Gaithersburg, MD
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As an Oncology Business Insight Manager/ Leader
in Gaithersburg MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.Position Summary:
Leads the delivery of industry-leading insight and analytics for Oncology. The Business Insight Leader/Manager will serve as the primary insight contact for data analytics and market research. This highly consultative role provides strategic business insight to the Oncology team to ensure that decisions are based on rigorous analyses using the best quality of information available. Key insights will be derived via the synthesis of the following work outputs: Therapeutic landscape assessments, market opportunity mapping, patient journey, competitive intelligence and defining product profiles.Leadership Capabilities:
- Thinks Strategically: Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities, combining forethought with action. This is based on an understanding of the external environment and its impact on AZ and the brand(s).
- Drives Performance: Holds self and others accountable for the achievement of performance expectations. Creates an environment that enables others to perform at their best.
- Acts Decisively: Makes and acts on decisions quickly and effectively and fosters the same in others. This is based on an underlying courage to enable risk-taking for the business.
- Works Collaboratively: Actively creates and promotes cross-boundary collaboration with the aim of achieving better business results. Boundaries can exist between individuals, geographies, cultures, teams, functions, organizations, etc.
- Develop, deliver and execute market research and insight plans that support Oncology strategy and planning, including all aspects of development (i.e. forecast, key market events and competitive intelligence) to ensure sustainable differentiation
- Evaluate, interpret, and synthesize key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data
- Manage primary market research design and execution (including vendor/project management) with minimal supervision and in support of business objectives
- Work collaboratively with forecasting and global insight to evaluate US market opportunities applying rigor and thorough assessment of data (ie. competitive landscape, market opportunity, HCP/KOL insights, and analogues)
- Work with the Pricing and Market Access team to ensure that payer insights are integrated into commercial and clinical strategy and positioning
- Develop and maintain market research budgets
- Maintain effective relationships with contractors and other third-party vendors through oversight of the vendor management process
- Leverage/apply AZ insight best practices as appropriate
• BA/BS degree; preferably advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g. MBA)
• 5+ years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience; Oncology experience preferred
• Experience applying various primary research techniques and secondary to inform business decisions
• Pharmaceutical or consumer Insight experience highly desirablePreferred Requirements:
• Demonstrated ability to influence laterally and vertically
• Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills, ability to gain consensus and act within a matrix team environment
• Strong business and marketing acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills; consultative background preferred
• Demonstrated ability to influence without authority, motivate teams, and maintain high levels of respect for and from peers
• Demonstrated ability to pull together insights from a variety of sources and develop strategic guidance for brand teams that result in a business decision or action
• Demonstrated success in applying various primary research techniques to inform strategy in the pharmaceutical industry
• Proficiency in secondary data analysis with intimate knowledge of a variety of industry secondary data sources (e.g. IMS, WK, IPSOS)
• Demonstrated ability to cope well with change, risk, and uncertainty (Ambiguity) and act decidedly with incomplete or imperfect information
• Ability to work in a collaborative and influencing fashion that drives to business action
• Ability to manage, prioritize and lead numerous projects simultaneously
• Ability to work within AstraZeneca's established policies/procedures and core values
• Ability to travel within the USA and abroadNext Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.