If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Business Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The Business Insights Manager (BIM) is the operations interface for all data and business insights development. This position provides value add insights for field and partners/ customers through data analysis and trends analysis.
Ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in working effectively in across teams and familiar with various methods of data analytics. They should have strong BI skills and ability to deliver insights from raw data.
Manage the Voice of Business process to drive changes through insights
• Partner Insights & Enablement:
• Identify key data points to enable Profitability enhancement
discussions with Partners (through PBM/ OKAM)
• Process-related insights & improvements:
• Working with the BI Analysts, define, create and maintain key
operational metrics and dashboards to increase operational
efficiency (e.g. reduced costs, reduced manual touch)
• Identify trends relating to complex deal scenarios, escalation
patterns, arrival patterns, based on ODM, Tier 2 & SDM – Pre-
• Post-sale activations/ renewal predictive analysis etc. via Voice
of Business, ODM and FOM teams
• Work with BI teams to stay current and leverage new data
points and data delivery tools
• Connect with key stakeholders across the Business and
Operations to identify BI needs where Operations can support
• Drive awareness of data availability and build best practice
• Alignment of data strategy X-ROC
• 3 years minimum experience in Business Intelligence,
Operations, Finance, or similar industry
• Master’s degree or MBA preferred
• Experience in data analysis, insights development and market
• BI experience; data work flow management, understanding
logic and requirements
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build solid
relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple
geographies and business functions, both internally and
• Simplify complex situations; strong analytical & problem-
• Must be able to multi-task and project manage many tasks
simultaneously. Ability to work under continual deadline
• Strong project and process management with proven ability for
planning, scheduling & coordinating
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.