Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Company offers Suddenlink - branded digital cable television, high - speed Internet and voice services to residential and business customers across the western, midwestern and southern states. Additionally, for its business customers, Suddenlink provides targeted television and online advertising services. Responsibilities
The Business Intelligence Analyst role is described as part analyst, part artist. A data scientist is somebody who is inquisitive, who can stare at data and spot trends, really wants to learn and bring change to an organization. Whereas a traditional data analyst may look only at data from a single source - a CRM system, for example - a Business Intelligence Analyst will most likely explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources. The Business Intelligence Analyst will sift through all incoming data with the goal of discovering a previously hidden insight, which in turn can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem. A Business Intelligence Analyst does not simply collect and report on data, but also looks at it from many angles, determines what it means, then recommends ways to apply the data. Responsibilities
- Analyzes, statistically models and performs data mining on massive amounts of transaction-based data
- Builds metrics and business cases for key platforms and products in the high speed data, phone and video space
- Develop new analytic methods for massive data sets to learn about our network and our customers, understand products, and improve services and operations.
- Supports 1 - 2 successful continuous improvement projects per year.
- Continuous improvement projects result in $250 - $500K in op. ex. savings annually.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Provide expert advice and education in the usage and interpretation of business data relevant to the business unit.
- Communicate data nuances and insights to all levels of the company in a clear and concise manner.
- Utilize the user group forum to share best practices around analytical findings based on the analysis conducted.
- Manage detailed project plans used to drive successful project completion. Including gathering detailed business requirements, process requirements, establishing definitions and gaining approval
- Provides in-depth technical expertise with aspects of data acquisition processes, data modeling and statistical modeling.
- Identify solutions to enhance the existing Business Intelligence infrastructure processes and technology.
- Create forecast models for business leaders on the future performance of the business.
- Create predictive models for business leaders use and create reactionary plans.
- Leverage expert knowledge of Business Intelligence capabilities and deep familiarity with business trends identifying opportunities and threats.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure alignment
- 1-2 years' experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Mathematics, or Business Administration Demonstrated experience in analyzing datasets; Ability to identify trends, identify outliers and find patterns.
- Demonstrated skill is using data to support decision making.
- Able to manipulate data to provide insight in response to scientific and operational questions.
- Ability to leverage visualization tools to communicate findings with partners/ stakeholders.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Prior experience and passion for leveraging data to drive significant business impact.
- Solid statistical knowledge and intuition ideally utilized in A/B or multivariate testing (or related analytics).
- Demonstrated experience with reporting/Business Intelligence tools (SAP, MiniTab, R,).
- Ability to speak to large groups.
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Ability to perform critical thinking in the area of data analysis and process.
- Strong team and relationship building skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and manage multiple projects/assignments.
- Proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.