Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why after more than a decade Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
Job Summary - The HIM BI Reporting Analyst has a key role in providing expertise to acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze data and report results related to HIM Revenue Cycle, Coding and Operations. The HIM BI Reporting Analyst will function as a subject-matter-expert to identify decision support solutions to automate current manual reporting processes, specific to HIM functions. The HIM BI Reporting Analyst will collect, review and enter data into computer systems or tracking databases according to established procedures and will work closely with leadership and other team members to provide operational analysis of reports.
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Understanding your business stakeholders' objectives, the metrics that are the most important to them, and how they measure their performance.
- Finding and understanding the correct data sources for a given analysis.
- Develop and Analyze various statistical reports related to HIM Revenue Cycle, Coding & Operations
- Assembly and timely distribution of ad-hoc and regularly scheduled reports with data integrity verification
- Work with BI Tools (Microstrategy or Tableau or equivalent), SQL, Excel, Access, Business Objects, PowerPoint and other computer software to extract, analyze and format data for presentations to internal and external customers
- Document detail business requirements, technical specifications and procedures
- Provide subject-matter-expertise to IT&S on the design, build, and implementation of automated decision support solutions
- Analyzes integrity of data results to facilitate identification of follow-up items
- Communicate routinely to Manager any significant issues, status of projects, barriers and successes
- Develop awareness and familiarity with issues and events impacting operations and its customers
- Minimum 2 years of reporting, decision support and data analysis experience required
- Bachelor's degree preferred, in areas such as Health Information Management, Information Management or Business Administration
- Relevant experience may substitute education preferences
- 2 years of industry experience in report development, data analytics, business intelligence including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- 2 years of experience with Tableau or Microstrategy or equivalent tool to create impactful reports, visualizations, and interactive dashboards
- 2 years of developing reports using SQL database required
- Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files, analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into user friendly reports
- Healthcare experience a plus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom