The Business Entity
We're an agile, fun, passionate upstart culture within Cisco-balancing collaboration and integration with autonomy and innovation-to deliver the most effective solution to our customers' problems. The unique mix of our disruptive approach to security and Cisco's industry dominance surpasses what any other security startup could ever achieve on its own.
Who You'll Work With:
The Business Intelligence Team is responsible for building our next generation analytics platform to drive decision making for our SaaS Internet Security platform. We identify, assemble, transform and combine data into readable, actionable and available reports for the entire business.
What You'll Do:
• Work closely with all BI team members and continually be teaching and learning.
• Coordinate and manage business requirements gathering with leadership and key business stakeholders
• Analyze and define information needs and reporting/analytical requirements across the organization and translate those into functional requirements.
• Drive the creation of architecture diagrams and systems documentation that can be understood and used by business users and IT.
• Design and develop data warehouse and dependent BI solutions.
• Develop and build critical dashboards, reports, and dimensional models, including both ad-hoc and pre-defined reports that can be consumed by key stakeholders in the organization on a daily basis.
• Work with Business Operations to re-engineer business processes in order to make them more measurable and generate higher quality data.
• Run ad-hoc analysis as needed ranging from basic SQL queries to building more advanced models.
Who You Are:
• You must live and breathe the Kimball methodology and be able to take it from theory into practice.
• Have a strong Understanding of core business processes including Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success in a SaaS or subscription-based organization.
• Show a proven track record of data quality improvement.
• Be Passionate about data, analytics and automation.
• Be Hungry for learning and picking up new job skills.
• Strive to be someone that is a able to independently see what needs to be done and jump in to do it while at the same time values and incorporates input from the rest of the team.
Minimum Requirements for this job:
• BA/BS Degree (or equivalent) in a related discipline.
• 3+ years in a Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehousing role.
• 3+ years of proven business analysis experience.
• 3+ years of experience with business process re-engineering and architecture.
• Demonstrably deep understanding of SQL and relational databases.
• Proficiency in working with Birst (preferred), Tableau, Pentaho, or any other similar BI platform.
• Vast experience with an ETL tool Informatica (preferred).
• Strong data modeling skills.
• Strong data visualization skills
• Ability to turn internal customer needs into deliverables.
• Basic knowledge of Python, Java, Ruby or other programming language.
• Experience working in a SaaS based business.
• Experience working at an internet security business.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Why Cisco Cloud Security
Cisco Cloud Security enables you to securely adopt the cloud and better manage security for the way the world works today. It protects users against threats anywhere they access the internet and secures your data and applications in the cloud. You can also leverage the cloud to enhance security through simplified policy management and dynamic threat intelligence. With Cisco Cloud Security, you gain complete visibility into internet activity across cloud applications, all office locations, and roaming devices, plus faster threat detection and response. Cisco Cloud Security provides an effective security platform that is open, automated, and simple to sue. And it's backed by industry-leading threat information delivered by the Cisco Talos security intelligence and research group.
We Are Cisco.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.