Job Description: Summary
The Business Analyst will be responsible for designing reports and analytic solutions, gathering reporting requirements and documenting business processes as needed. The analyst will handle ad-hoc data requests, develop dashboards and scorecards in Power Pivot and Power BI, write SQL queries and make sure the output data meets expectations. The analyst will work independently with users to collect enterprise and customer reporting requirements, support IT projects; manage timelines and expectations. Also engages with other teams, departments and stakeholders to make sure all the reporting solution development requirements are well documented, fully understood and delivered per expectations. The analyst will perform data mining, trend/predictive analysis and statistical analysis leading to decision support capabilities. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Qualifications: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Design and develop Scorecards and Dashboards using Power Pivot, Power BI and other data visualization tools for various organizational metrics and KPIs.
- Create new reports and modify existing reports using industry standards and best practices.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis and manual data refreshes. Refresh dashboards and scorecards manually.
- Elicit business requirements using business analysis, interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, use cases, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Use the gathered requirements to develop logic for reporting, analytics or IT application support.
- Develop manual/automated reporting programs using data from in-house systems or other data marts.
- Perform statistical analysis, build predictive models, and formulate decision models that relate operational activities to results; to drive value stream enhancement and continuous improvement.
- Develop graphs, charts, pivot tables and raw data tables on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Write Excel/Access Macros, Visual Basic coding.
- Understand data standards and identify data abnormalities. Instill data quality in all solutions delivered.
- Engage with IT to transform existing solutions to new methodology and technology. Liaise with IT to manage process of data mapping, UAT testing, etc.
- Maintain close alignment with all customers (internal, external, management and at the field level) and other data reporting teams to ensure requirements are being met.
- Leverage collaboration portals like SharePoint for requirements gathering, design, project development and deployment.
- Bachelor degree or higher from a reputed university in engineering, IT, economics, math, statistics, science or other related fields in quantitative or analytical discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related business analyst or data/reporting analyst roles.
- Excellent skill level in SQL, PL/SQL. Strong SQL query and Stored Procedure writing experience. Knowledge of working with database client tools such as Toad.
- Advanced knowledge Power Pivot and Power BI and other data visualization and reporting tools strongly desired.
- Proficient in DAX, M language.
- Proficiency in dashboard and scorecard design and development.
- Knowledge of Data Mining, Clustering & Statistical Modelling highly desired.
- Database Design. Excellent skill level in relational database required. Oracle, MS SQL Server knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Visio.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Access (with macros and visual basic).
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with the ability to research and analyze data retrieved from multiple sources
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to build rapport, cultivate working relationships and drive collaboration across teams.
- Must be an adaptable self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must be able to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively.
- Superior documentation and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment.
- Must be willing to put in extra time and effort if need be. Go above and beyond the requirements of the job and strive to exceed expectations.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.