Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Key Responsibilities
- Manage and facilitate significant analytic initiatives in support of system strategic, operational and quality projects. Document rules and processes for business intelligence or IT reports, dashboards, change requests, projects, or other outputs; Maintain library of model documents, templates or other reusable knowledge
- Working in collaboration with executives and operational managers, translates the business needs into analytic and reporting strategies through the development, execution and resourcing of routine and project specific plans for analytics delivery.
- Analysis and interprets business data for multiple products, aligns with other departments and provides decision making on report results
- Decides on best business design to meet reporting needs for the organization. Works with IT to ensure correct understanding and implementation of these business needs.
- Implements new enhancements to BI, supporting additional insight into existing products and services. Ensures correct implementation from beginning to end.
- Educates & trains user community on the potential uses of the business intelligence system
- Provides customized ad-hoc reports as requested by management by extracting data from internal databases using SQL or using Business Intelligence tools. Summarizes data in business and financial terms for management, executives, vendors, and other stakeholders,
- Perform and adopt best practices in testing and reporting: usability, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation. Provides Approvals/Denials for Finance of key company data
Research and document potential data integrity issues through the use of SQL querying or Business Intelligence tools.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.