Business Intelligence Analyst – Sales Planning
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Posted: November 16, 2017
Reference ID: 1077590
Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Bing. The Operations team within Microsoft Advertising is chartered with enabling our field sales partners to effectively meet the needs of their customers, while maximizing profit and driving efficiencies for MSFT.
We are seeking a curious, driven, top-performing Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Sales Tools & BI team to drive the analytics and help define the system capabilities needed for sales teams to manage critical activities such as customer segmentation, book-of-business management, customer planning, and quota setting.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Partner with Marketing, Sales Excellence & Engineering teams to prioritize & scope sales planning requirements into the overall Sales BI infrastructure; including customer segmentation, book-of-business, customer planning and quota setting.
• Oversee the management of existing data infrastructure & processes supporting customer segmentation & book-of-business, currently managed by a 3rd party, to ensure data quality, accuracy & freshness.
• Drive the planning for the eventual migration of this data in-house.
• Support the bi-annual sales planning and quota allocation process with the regional sales teams in accordance with guidelines set by the Sales Excellence HQ team.
• Design the standard reports and drive ad-hoc BI that enable the sales teams to effectively inspect the drivers of business performance on a regular basis.
• Analyze trends and provide recommendations to field stakeholders and leadership.
• Ensure that existing reports & dashboards are well understood and utilized.
• Serve as a BI thought leader and consultant across the organization in all aspects of sales planning insights (segmentation, book-of-business, quota).
• 5-7 years of experience in business analysis or analytics role
• BA/BS in an applicable discipline, such as engineering, finance, mathematics, economics, research or business is required
Skills & Competencies:
• Demonstrated experience developing analytic approaches to complex & ambiguous business problems.
• Innate curiosity and the ability to distill complex data sets & analyses into easy-to-understand insights & recommendations for varied audiences.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/programs of various complexity and scale; demonstrated by deep technical project and/or program management experience.
• Ability to function effectively in a highly-matrixed work environment; w/ strong cross-functional team collaboration skills.
• Willingness to adapt quickly to shifting business priorities and ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Experience on identifying reporting issues, gaps in processes, and driving timely resolution.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience supporting sales or marketing organizations, ideally in a digital advertising or technology environment.
• Deep experience of Microsoft Office Suite required including Word, PowerPoint, Project
• Extensive knowledge of Excel required including PowerPivot, PowerQuery.
• Advanced skills and experience in representing data in a meaningful way using data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau or OBIEE
• Prior experience in SQL and ability to query data from SQL database and cubes preferred. Understanding of database concepts and data models critical.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.