Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
Robert Half is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst Sr are responsible for producing and distributing operational reports to RHI Corporate Staffing business teams, Field Management, and individual producers. This includes reconciliation of transactional data interfacing to the Staffing and Protiviti reporting environments, maintenance of the field staffing hierarchy, and researching and servicing customer inquiries. The analysts perform these functions on a weekly basis. As needed, the BSAs will also perform testing for projects and develop manual and/or ad hoc reports analysis for management.
Specific responsibilities include:
Analysis, requirements gathering, documentation
- Responsible for business-to-systems analysis and problem-solving analysis of complex management reporting and business issues. Able to work at a high functional and technical level and guide other analysts on all phases of systems analysis.
- Responsible for the impact analysis and project requirements definition phase of the development lifecycle for customers; leads business system analysts in requirements gathering.
- Translates customer needs into functional requirements. Elicits, analyzes, and documents business requirements for project proposals including, but not limited to, process and data flows, user interfaces, security, and report requirements.
- Documents current and proposed business process flows
- Considers the impact of current and future business environments and processes, assessing upstream & downstream effect of system changes or upgrades.
- Direct cross-functional meetings related to multiple business units and multiple systems to understand and address customer needs, define problems as well as appropriate solution requirements, develop specifications, analyze and document business processes, validate test procedures, and train the user community.
- Understands system functionality; identifies, recommends, and implements improvements to business and system processes.
- Manages multiple complex projects, with shifting priorities that require the ability to work with ambiguous issues and see relationships between them.
- Evaluates project requests with customers to determine costs, benefits, and feasibility and determines project priorities for presentation to management for approval.
- Works closely with users, analysts and management to deliver requirements on time and within budget.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams on projects from the analysis phase through deployment and change management.
- Delegates project assignments to other resources and monitors progress as needed.
- Leads the training of project team members, and the development of business analysts.
Technical Review and Testing
- Leads user acceptance testing including the development of test plans and schedules.
- Provides implementation support for the production environment within negotiated service levels.
- Leads testing efforts and coordinated implementation of system modifications.
- Delivers comprehensive review of technology options. Provides recommendations for implementation of solutions, procedures, and process changes including analysis of user and system impacts. Validates technical approaches are in line with customer’s business and system strategies.
- Provides functional interpretations of products, applications, and services. Produces clear, understandable communications for management and business partners. Prepares and delivers presentations, training, and technical documentation to management and business partners.
Prepares management reports and ad hoc analysis for customers
- Prepare, validate, and send weekly, semi-monthly, monthly and quarterly management reports and analysis to customers.
- Prepare and support the non-standard report and ad hoc analysis requests for customers.
- Provide support for data extracts. Performing data mining and analysis as required.
- Merge data from internal and external sources; mine data to identify and understand business trends as well as the distribution of revenue and profitability trends.
- Research complex issues and respond to customers with resolutions and recommendations.
- Responsible for complex ad hoc analyses.
Establishes and maintains strong internal and external client relationships.
- Communicates with: others within the Field Accounting Department, cross functionally, other RHI organizational units, field locations, Field Service Centers, and outside vendors or consultants.
- Serve as a liaison between IT, various field locations and other organizational RHI corporate services
- Supports teamwork and solicit input from internal and external clients on processes, procedures, technology.
- Ensure a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Conduct/facilitate training sessions related to system enhancements or any changes made to processes, procedures, or policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS or related area; Master’s degree a plus
- 2+ year’s business experience, with demonstrated leadership, project management, or managerial skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in operational or financial reporting as a Business Systems Analyst with analysis, design, testing and implementation experience with mid to large size companies.
- Previous experience leading large/complex projects
- Previous and significant experience with developing comprehensive business requirements and related documentation (BRDs) and user acceptance testing (UAT) cycles required
- Previous experience leading user acceptance testing required
- Working knowledge in operational and management reporting that includes financial measures required
- Consulting firm experience a plus
- Experience with data repositories and data marts preferred.
- Reporting experience in a data cube environment helpful.
- Experience with ERP systems required, PeopleSoft preferred; understanding of accounting preferred
- Experience using relational database system, Oracle preferred
- Ability to build and run queries (using tools like SQL Plus, PS-Query, or MS Access) required; SQL preferred
- Experience in creating reports and analyses using multi-dimensional data preferred
- Ability to retrieve and report data using BI tools required. Ability to develop BI reporting solutions preferred
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications including advanced functions in Excel and Access required. Experience using MS Project required.
- Solid leadership/mentoring abilities
- Demonstrates strong initiative
- Solid understanding of how business units works together
- Demonstrated ability to learn new hardware/software systems independently
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle
- Proven customer service and support focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate Staffing
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128