The Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer will provide the organization with business intelligence for relevant business needs to drive the development of business strategy. The three major areas of intelligence focus are: market intelligence, competitive intelligence and consumer intelligence/research.
The business intelligence function analyzes and models competitor and market data in order to provide recommendations to the organization to reduce the risk of business decisions and contribute to the attainment of our client's goals and objectives.
Minimum Job Qualifications and Technical Competencies
* Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Marketing, and/or Business, with seven years of experience in analytic disciplines such as competitive analysis, market research, industry trends, data modeling, and trend analysis or equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
* Ability to think analytically, apply analytical techniques and to provide in-depth analysis for potential recommendations to internal customers, including senior management
* Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of the work force.
* Experience working with PC software and systems.
* Ability to participate in a team atmosphere to achieve department goals and objectives consistent with corporate vision and strategies.
* Ability to multi-task, deal proactively with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities in a deadline driven fast paced environment.
* Must be familiar with data access tools Hue/Hive
* Must have mid-high level, hands on skills writing in HiveQL
* Must be familiar with data access tools such as SAS, SQL, SPSS, MS Access, etc.
* Ability to transform disparate pieces of information into an understandable framework in graphics form, or actionable recommendations.
* Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and interpret a wide variety of economic, demographic, geographic, financial, statistical and marketing data, dissect opportunities and translate into meaningful and actionable recommendations.
* Excellent analytical skills with the ability to rapidly structure, design and execute market and competitive analysis efforts.
* Knowledge of health insurance pricing methodologies and strategies.
* Knowledge of the product development process and product life cycle analysis.
* Ability to understand statutory financial information and translate into comprehensible/actionable market focused strategies.
* Complies with the SCIP code of ethics for competitive intelligence gathering
* Communicate strategic & tactical implications of competitive issues affecting businesses through the systematic capture & analysis of critical business information from both publicly available secondary data as well as primary research.
* Communicate with other departments to ensure an effective flow of information to and from the Business Intelligence function.
* Provide relevant and timely reports to appropriate internal audiences on industry trends and business drivers to determine our client's positioning vs. competitors.
* Responsibilities include the aid and development of customer survey instruments; analysis of customer survey results; new market and customer acquisition research; design of new customer analytics; design of competitive intelligence system
* Recommend approaches to define the market and methodologies, and identify gaps and key areas for our client to pursue.
If you are interested in the Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer opportunity please send your resume to Tye.Lewman@rht.com
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.