PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
As a Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) developer, using Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies: SSAS, SSIS, SSRS; manages activities relating to planning, designing, building, and maintaining high quality solutions, products and processes. Creates and assigns detailed tasks to subordinates. Has budget responsibility for a small project, sub-project or process component.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform, manage and appropriately document work activities relating to projects, sub-projects, or processes. For projects: plan, design, and build high quality IT software solutions in accordance with IT project management standards. For operations and application maintenance and support: plan and lead IT activities required to manage service level agreements. Assist others in planning and prioritizing work and work schedule.
- Assist in creation of documentation for products and services. Use best practices to improve products and services provided to business unit partners, and monitor adherence within Team/Group to standards as defined within the Management Model
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners and other stakeholders
- Establish positive team environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel. Provide performance and development feedback as required
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function
- Experience building Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Experience creating SQL queries from scratch (including complex stored procedures) and data processes.
- Expert knowledge with OLAP (SSAS, Cubes) and MDX query syntax.
-Experience leading small IT projects or sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management.
-Strong problem solving and analysis ability.
-Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
-Ability to work with remote project teams
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.