Overview of the role: We are looking for an experienced MS BI Developer/analyst, who will be developing BI environments, analytics and data integration solutions using primarily Microsoft SQL Server 2012 platform. The BI developer will collaborate with a team of talented database architects and other business intelligence experts in developing cutting edge solutions for internal products and solutions. The ideal candidate will collaborate with a team of BI developers to assist in creating and maintaining reports, dashboards, perform complex data analysis and bridging the gap between the technical data environments to presenting information/reports to clients. The organization has a great and welcoming culture, and is looking for qualified candidates now.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Assist in Development of Database, Web and Mobile Applications
• Write SQL Queries, stored procedures, and functions
• Create and maintain SSRS Reports and SSIS Packages
• Document code and IT processes.
• Ability and willingness to participate in a variety of different IT/Development roles
• Ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical staff
• 5 to 8 Years' experience developing database applications and reports
• Proficient in the following systems and programs (SSRS/SSAS/SSIS),MS SQL Server R2 or 2012
• Experience using MS development stack Visual Studio 2010 and greater
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• SharePoint experience 2010/2013
• Data Warehouse design principles and implementation experience.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Works effectively, with minimal supervision, both independently and in a team environment.
• Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships based on mutual trust, respect and cooperation with manager(s), executives, co-workers, customers.
• Reacts quickly and adapts to changes in priorities, circumstances, and direction.
• Analyzes, troubleshoots, and resolves logistical and work-flow related problems.
• Applies high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $95.6 billion as of September 30, 2017 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing-a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to 'act like an owner' of the firm, and live Hartford Funds' human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD