Supply Chain Business Intelligence Manager (SMCIBI)
Designs, Architects, Develops, Tests, and Deploys comprehensive Business Intelligence solutions for use throughout numerous subject matter areas within the Supply Chain. Responsible for partnering closely with Distribution, Transportation, and Inventory Planning functional groups to provide actionable visibility to data.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- 25% - Demonstrates the consistent ability to analyze data independently and draw actionable conclusions. Should be able to prepare executive level and operational level reporting that is easily understood and actioned upon based on findings.
- 25% - Coordinates across cross-functional barriers to integrate disparate datasets in a compelling and accurate fashion.
- 25% - Creates impactful reporting (both distributed and dashboards) for diverse audiences that scales from record sets containing hundreds of millions of rows.
- 15% - Grows and develops junior associates in both technical and functional knowledge areas.
- 10% - Drives accountability throughout the supply chain to ensure data best practices are being followed.
Nature and Scope:
- This position reports to a Sr. Manager
- This position has 0-4 Direct Reports.
Environment Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 with a Bachelors, 3 with a Masters.
Physical Job Requirements:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be need to move or lift light articles.
Bachelor or Masters in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Advanced Analytics, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Strong business intelligence and data analysis skills with proven ability that has resulted in scalable and actionable reporting solutions:
- Gathering comprehensive requirements from users and developing strategies to align the requirements within the scope of the deliverable.
- Identifying critical and key data sources across numerous and disparate data sources.
- Experience with conducting complex ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) operations in a scalable fashion.
- Designing and developing both distributed reports and interactive dashboards.
- Data modeling and creating new databases from previously unstructured data sources.
- Experience with the following Business Intelligence dashboard and reporting platforms: Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Experience with the following databases: Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience with the Full Suite of Microsoft BI Solutions: MS SQL Server, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analytics Services (SSAS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!