The Services Insights team is chartered to enable positive business outcomes by driving right behaviors and decisions through bold insights. The goal of the Services Insights team is to foster an insights-driven culture, to encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions.
The Business Intelligence Specialist is responsible for implementation of strategies governing project provisioning, build, release, deployment, and configuration management practice areas. Other responsibilities include partnering with internal teams to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing/updating solutions. You will need to adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving strategies, and emerging technologies. This requires your ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with SMEs and others.
We are looking for a strong Business Intelligence professional to join our team. This individual will be responsible for data management functions, including driving and supporting the business operations/data management. This includes ensuring the integrity, security, quality, and support of the tools. The ideal candidate will be able to leverage their own resources to identify and implement cost effective changes to existing systems/processes as well as collaborate with other groups to deliver solutions within tight timeframes. Because the position requires extensive interaction with other groups, you must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills while maintaining a positive can-do attitude.
• Build and develop reporting models working alongside a strong team of Analysts, Architects to deliver priority outcomes in alignment with the strategic roadmap for Customer Service & Support (CSS)
• Engage broadly with the Decision Science teams to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where insights can have the biggest impact
• Develop strong business acumen in your team and the ability to connect the dots across various value cycles of our business to generate business-impacting insights
• Create a culture of consultative orientation, as well as hypotheses driven approach, to solving key business problems
• Manage the portfolio of work for BI & Analytics and partner with decision science team on monthly governance with stakeholders
• Proactively engage the business stakeholders on their latent/dormant needs and iterate on where analytics/insights can make the biggest impact
• Create and manage standards, processes and procedures to ensure agile delivery and consistent operations.
• 6+ years of experience building data warehouse, BI &/or other analytical reporting solutions.
• Proven track record of delivering highly-scalable and reliable systems through multiple cycles.
• Experience on Microsoft BI stack and exposure to Big Data, machine learning and data mining, large scale computing systems like COSMOS is a plus.
• Design and BI architecture skills, partnering with engineering & information architecture teams on design & architecture
• Ability to convince other strong personalities of their ideas and work with a large number of partners in solving a problem.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
• An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success
With 23,200+ employees globally, Microsoft Digital, Services, and Success is one of the company’s largest groups, serving customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Simply put, we help customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments by delivering their voices back to our business groups to make our technology even better—and by accelerating their transformation journeys to become digital businesses. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.