The Inventory Analyst is responsible for identifying opportunities within the business related to strategic inventory reduction, compiling data to be utilized to clearly define the current state of the business, and present recommendations to drive continuous improvement related to cost/quality/delivery.
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI! Job Description
- Detailed analysis of current inventory processes while making recommendations for improvements as identified.
- Standard Weekly reporting and results tracking to support departmental needs.
- Use of financial and quantitative information to optimize results and meet financial commitments.
- Developing standardized processes and instructions for cross training opportunities.
- Manage integrity of information related to inventory levels (Surplus/Dead/Stocked and Non Stocked). Targeted inventory reductions: $300K Dead inventory, $5M in surplus inventory ($2.0M Vinyl, $2.5M OPP, $0.5M Metal).
- Serve and protect all internal and external customer base with Inventory related subjects.
- Assist in strategic initiatives by partnering with the Planning team and ASC's to build an optimal Inventory Plan that best serves the business.
- Weekly ASC Summary reporting/Special Buy Tracking/Communication of results.
- Ensure we are following budgeted Stocking Plan guidance.
- Maintain and build Supply Center/ROVP/RSVP relations, these contacts are vital.
- Report on backorders/late shipments and work with production plants and Vendors to resolve any ongoing issues.
- Work closely with engineering/sourcing/marketing on new product launches, ensuring that all the parts are in place for testing and launch dates.
- Develop standardized processes and instructions for cross training opportunities.
- Supply Center Branch Managers
- Corporate Supply Chain Team
- Manufacturing Plant personnel
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience using all Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Communication skills to express ideas and concepts verbally, visually and in writing
- Planning and organization to set targets / milestones and follow through on commitments
- Familiarity with Vinyl Siding/ Metal/ Roofing/ OPP and related building products
- Experience working within an ERP package
- APICS certification
- Familiarity With Microsoft IS2/SQL language and query building
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.