Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
The Business Management Specialist will drive the day-to-day execution of business planning and business support activities for the Direct Distribution team. The ideal candidate has experience developing and delivering training content and has superior presentation skills. This individual will also coordinate new hire onboarding and plan/facilitate training for both projects and the business as a whole. Typically responsible for managing special programs/projects from "end to end" (e.g., change management initiatives, new business launches, training etc.), and/or may act as the Direct Distribution team’s liaison with project management teams. Pro-actively develops relevant ideas for new/improved communications, processes, procedures and/or programs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Support a business management function by performing any or all of the following duties for their assigned areas:
Serve as a technical/functional expert for the area
Develop training materials, plan, and facilitate sessions around specific initiatives or the business as a whole.
Space planning for assigned area
Maintaining regulatory documents within assigned business area, if applicable (i.e., FINRA)
Delivering accurate and timely data, metrics and reports
Monitoring and tracking risks, issues and action items of assigned projects to ensure accountability, follow through and resolution as per prescribed commitments
Participate in meeting planning (may include travel arrangements) and facilities requests
May support the communication strategy for the assigned area"
- 1-3 yrs of experience in financial services with a focus on presentations and training
- BS/BA Degree
- Understands and applies the principles of business management including finance, risk and project management and applies methodologies, tools and processes to manage quality, costs and risks for assignments.
- Good understanding of the disciplines/functions of retail financial services sales organizations.
- Ability to develop strong knowledge of TIAA values/culture and products/services to ensure projects/programs/processes are aligned with the business area strategy.
- Has a working knowledge of the industry and competitors, including products/services, structure, and the regulatory environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to exchange complex information. At times, the job involves negotiating with individuals in senior level positions. Topics may be sensitive and/or complex, requiring tact and diplomacy.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921