Microsoft’s Consumer and Device Sales Division is looking for a creative, self-motivated, results-driven Business Program Manager to work on the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things (IoT) opportunity.
Key to the businesses growth strategy is facilitating the development of repeatable, device-based IoT Solutions built on the Microsoft Platform (Azure + Windows) by our partners. Critical to this aspiration is the creation of scalable motions and programs for coalescing various internal resources and external partners toward a common goal.
This role owns the end to end management of the IoT solution enablement programs for CDS sales and marketing across the devices channel. The largest of the programs you would be responsible for is a multi-million dollar (annual) investment fund that facilitates the incubation of new device led IoT Solutions built on the Microsoft client and cloud platforms. You will manage a v-team to evaluate solutions that maximize Azure consumed revenue, identifying the most scalable solutions for investment, as well as manage various aspects of the incubation process.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the process of recruiting and onboarding external partners, as well as driving internal awareness and usage of the scale programs. You will be responsible for program performance management and rhythm of the business. Your programs will be relied upon to ignite internal usage in the field and external usage in the channel. In addition, you will be encouraged to display entrepreneurial skills in identifying gaps in the current channel enablement strategy and design new programs and motions to maximize solutions built through our partner ecosystem.
This is a hybrid program management and business strategy-oriented role requiring wide internal and external collaboration. This role sits within a team which has an entrepreneurial focus and a charter for growth.
Thus the ideal candidate would possess: Strong organizational and programmatic skills; the ability to build and win support for their initiatives; an understanding of business principles, incentives and channel dynamics; demonstrated business acumen; the capacity for independent and creative thinking; and a growth mindset, with the desire to innovate and explore new territory.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Manage the IoT Accelerate program.
• Manage additional (smaller) ecosystem programs intended to scale adoption of the MS IoT Platform.
• Own the rhythm of the business, executive stakeholder communication and monthly reporting.
• Collaborate with the CDS Investments team to ensure investments meet ROI principles.
• Partner across multiple internal Microsoft organizations to maximize program scale with tight cross-functional alignment.
• Collaborate with external partners in relation to ecosystem scale for IoT programs.
• Partner with IoT Sales and WCB to integrate partner solutions into Industry Solution maps and drive field usage.
• Experience: 5-7 years in finance, operations or program management oriented function. Fields such as investment banking, consulting and venture capital a plus.
• Business Acumen: Basic understanding of device or cloud partner channel dynamics. Knowledge of IoT a plus.
• Communication: Confident and assertive communicator with an ability to influence senior stakeholders.
• High Performer: Highly driven individual who consistently exceeds goals and is self-motivated.
• Independent Thinker: Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to take ownership of problems.
• Collaborative: Ability to work across a diverse set of stakeholders (both internal and external) across multiple complex businesses.
• Understanding of cloud platforms preferred (Microsoft or others).
• Knowledge of Microsoft sales and reporting tools such as MS Sales or MSX preferred.
• 5+ years in finance, operations or program management oriented function.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.