Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
This position is a critical team member of the IAS Business Management Strategic Enablement Team focused on the Money in Motion (MIM) initiative. MIM is an At Risk Retention & Lead Generation program that develops integrated strategies across all TIAA functional business areas to retain and consolidate assets to better serve our clients. MIM is a strategically focused enterprise initiative sitting within the IAS business.
The function of this job includes (but is not limited to):
- Project coordination and management of initiatives
- Financial oversight (budget, forecasting and monitoring)
- Monitoring of business performance measurement (KPI's, etc.)
- Process improvement and change management
- Area communications
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead key Money in Motion (MIM) programs that leverage analytics and business rules to generate and prioritize leads for lines of business across the enterprise.
- Responsible for performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, and appropriate business measurements for the project
- Prepare financial and status reports for Sr. Leadership and PMO
- Drives cadences and routines across the programs to execute and remain accountable to project plan.
- Manage communications about the program and the expectations from key business partners and leadership
- Indirect management through daily operations of the programs and the work of business partners & contingent workers.
- Assists in managing and reporting on the Program’s budgetary expenses
- Partners with senior management in developing strategies to drive the MIM program
- BA/BS Required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Financial Services industry
- Preferred 5+ years’ experience in Financial Services industry
- Master’s degree preferred
- Takes initiative
- Able to work independently and demonstrate urgency in a fast paced environment
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities
- Understands business and able to apply basic business concepts
- High Levels of relationship management and consultative skills to interface with senior leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal Communication skills, able to influence and converse with, and present to field leadership
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Able to do the strategic and execution components of project management
- Must have excellent analytical, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Develops relationships and builds trust with project stakeholders and executive management
- Experience leading others would be beneficial but role does not manage people directly.
- Able to identify and resolve moderate to highly complex, sensitive or higher priority tasks; generates and implements creative or unique solutions to solve problems.
- Approach tasks systematically and independently adapts work activities and behaviors to support changes in requirements from stakeholders.
- Understanding and ability to apply the principles of financial, risk and project management and apply methodologies, tools and processes to manage costs/risks for own assignments or projects.
- Strong knowledge of sales leadership and levers necessary to drive results.
- Demonstrated experience of an enterprise wide thinking mindset.
- Demonstrated experience and success in a coaching others to success.
- Communicates, influences and negotiates both vertically and horizontally
- Understanding the different client facing Business Units within TIAA would be a preferred skill.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017