The Dynamics US Business Group is looking for a well-rounded professional that will help us run our Business Management Rhythms across our sub.
Reporting directly to the US Dynamics BG Lead, this person will be in a unique position to have line of sight across the entire portfolio of the Dynamics and overall M&O business in the US subsidiary and work closely with the Dynamics BG leadership team as well as stakeholders in field, segments, finance, US M&O and WW Dynamics teams. This individual will bring keen business acumen, strong abilities in project management, cross-group collaboration and stellar communication skills. The business manager executes the rhythm of the business (RoB), operations including budget management, HR functions, annual/monthly cycle processes, scorecard, planning, and supports executive reviews, communications & events.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the BG and members of the leadership team, providing insight and advice around strategy, operational excellence, headcount, resources, planning, budgeting and organizational communications.
- Own the organizational rhythm of the business including Leadership team meetings, MBRs, QBUs, FY planning, all hands, morale events, T&E, training in alignment w/ M&O RoB as well as the coordination of key meetings, off sites and events.
- Oversee bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly scorecard governance; align processes & people for the definition, creation, landing and attainment of key operational metrics and CoE.
- Drive follow-up and timely completion of key deliverables on behalf of the GM, leadership team and broader organizational commitments. This may include synthesizing data and preparing executive-level recommendations, summaries or presentations.
- Own overall group communications strategy, executive communications RoB.
- Partner w/ BG Lead, leadership team & stakeholders in the development of a variety of communications, deliver communications and presentations targeting the right audience or variety of audiences (org, field communities, senior executives) where appropriate covering All-Hands meetings, finance monthly close, scorecard, readiness, people comms.
- Prepare, manage and deliver monthly analysis of Org budgets (variables spend, BIF), including headcount, vendor resources (and other OPEX).
- Drive budget planning and budget processes as well as fiscal hygiene and compliance across the organization. Support BG Lead and leadership team throughout planning cycles with investment guidance to further business and team health.
- Collaborate w/ LT stakeholders to execute people and readiness priorities including hiring, professional development, people planning, faststart and FRI. Ensure the organization is in full compliance with Microsoft people requirements/rules/regulations.
- Take on Special Projects of strategic importance to the BG Lead or the team.
- Participate actively in the MSNA subsidiary-wide Business Manager meetings to leverage ideas and share best practices.
Skills/Abilities: 5 + years of relevant experience.
Demonstrated strength/excellence in: Collaboration and team building, working with/across large and complex organizations. Strong analytical skills. Dominates management of excel macros, power BI, and SharePoint. Strong oral and written communication. Analytic thinking with attention to detail and strong suit for numbers. Organizational agility and leadership. Works well under pressure and deadlines, flexible & agile w/ tolerance for and to manage ambiguity. Ability to create a vision and land it across the organization. Strategic and pragmatic thinking; ability to balance many factors to influence leaders about what changes are appropriate for the business. Anticipating challenges early enough to correct for success Project management and implementation experience that involves non-reporting stakeholders. Ability to connect pragmatic operational issues with the strategic big picture. Passion for people, systems and processes that are effective and run efficiently
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.