DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assumes responsibility for daily management of the Business Office (including Registration, Medical Records, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Scheduling, and Insurance Verification and Collections).
- Monitors the flow of work in the Business Office and reassigns staff as workload demands.
- Monitors and analyzes all reports for the operational success of the business office.
- Evaluates registration, insurance verification and cash posting to determine the integrity of data input.
- Accounts for the reduction and maintenance of bad debt at the established ASD goal.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of all Center managed care contracts with third party payers including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Completes weekly/monthly reporting to management, as required.
- Implements processes and action plans set forth by the BOD and CFO.
- Consistently maintains the accounts receivable days at/or below the established ASD goal.
- Understands and communicates contract specific issues to Managed Care Coordinator.
- Communicates with physicians on daily activities affecting patient scheduling, registration, and insurance verification, as determined through facility processes.
- Cross-trains as back-up to other business office positions as required.
- Conducts staff meetings at regular intervals for informative and educational purposes.
- Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Conducts periodic performance appraisals in accordance with ASD and facility practices.
- Follows Best Practice requirements and responsible for education of staff in regards to these requirements.
- Attends regional and divisional meetings, as required.
- Other duties as assigned based on business operational needs.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Health Care Administration desired and/or extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum (3) years of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
- Minimum of two years prior supervisory experience.
- Demonstrates understanding of patient accounting principles in managing large volume. accounts receivable and accounts payable in a health care related field.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom