HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
Must be available Monday - Friday 5:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Duties include Front Office, Medical Records and Scheduling.
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Maintain a flexible working schedule (i.e., ensure an ability to adjust your schedule according to business needs even when required at the last minute; this includes being available to work as early as 0530 and as late as 1730 at any surgery center location or at the Central Business Office (CBO)).
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the responsibilities associated with each role in the business office.
• Work closely with the BOS and BOM to develop a structured training program for the business office team.
• Work closely with the BOS and BOM to write curriculum and develop course materials.
• Coordinate implementation of an orientation process for new business office team members.
• Ensure orientation is documented and that the documentation is routed to the team member's personnel file.
• Conduct training and train-the-trainer sessions to prepare Business Office Coordinators to assist with ongoing training needs.
• Coordinate implementation of an annual competency assessment for business office team members.
• Ensure competency assessment is documented and that the documentation is routed to the team member's personnel file.
• Work closely with the BOS to create new policies and procedures and/or update existing policies and procedures as the need arises.
• Communicate process updates/changes, schedule adjustments, and other feedback to business office team members.
• Periodically review the expected payment log to ensure it is being filled out appropriately on a daily basis with an emphasis on improving upfront collections.
• Consistently demonstrate a competent, courteous, and professional demeanor and lead the team by example.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
• Must meet basic reading, writing, and comprehension requirements; Bachelor's Degree Preferred
• One to three years experience working in a physician's office, clinic or hospital setting strongly preferred. A firm understanding of patient flow and ambulatory surgery center operations strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom