Additional Location(s) or Information: Research Triangle Park
Job Category: Services
Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager
Requisition #: R1024494
Business Operations Manager
The Business Entity
Supporting the Director for Global Customer Success' Public Sector Segment. The Strategy, Business Development & Operations team is chartered with helping management anticipate the market, create and communicate the long-term growth plan, develop key cross functional relationships, and enable the organization to deliver on its promise.
As a member of the Americas Global Customer Success organization, this position will play a key role in defining strategies and plans to align the Global Customer Success Sales team to strategic initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic candidate who will drive key analysis, and Executive reporting for the Americas GCS organization. This position requires a strong drive, cross functional collaboration, problem solving and strong communication skills, managing complex financial scenarios, and the ability to see the big picture while also having an understanding of the details. Position will closely partner with the Global Strategy & Planning team, Theater Finance team and Global Fusion team for key data analytics. The person should have strong analytical skills, which is needed to provide a message and underlying business drivers along with the data being presented.
Role & Responsibilities
Business Operations Manager, Global Customer Success
Reporting to the Global Customer Success Chief of Staff, this role is accountable for the Public Sector Segment supporting Global Customer Success' Planning & Outcome Management function. This team is responsible for working cross-functionally to define and prioritize and fund strategic objectives, lead annual business planning, deliver customer insights, and drive the organization from plan to performance. In this key role, the qualified candidate will be responsible for:
• Work with stakeholders to develop a unified, cross-functional annual plan and critical priorities for success
• Drive a repeatable process for reviewing and managing key strategic initiatives
• Provide support in ensuring line of sight from project to roadmaps to strategic tenets
• Manage the organization's operational cadence in the maintenance of business scorecards
• Engage on business issues to assist in issues assessment, resolution and root cause analysis
• Build and maintain cross Cisco relationships for effective partnering and results
• Assist in communication management to ensure transparency across the Americas GCS organization
• Foster a culture of transparency, accountability and consistency
• Keep a pulse on the business results and levers to proactively assess and frame results
• Assist in ad hoc business analysis in support of Americas GCS strategic initiatives
This is a critical role providing leadership in managing the operations of business. This role requires working cross-functional collaboration with key leaders to ensure effective execution of business outcomes.
• Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence leaders
• Strong business planning and business operations skills (dashboards/KPIs, managing business rhythms, systems thinking, etc)
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Developed verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter, ability to work independently
• Fun, highly energetic personality; great team player that works well in collaborative situations
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in business operations, business planning, analytics, performance management /controls and finance/budget management
• Experience leading strategic initiatives
• Process and systems background is a plus
• Business planning and financial acumen required
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Job Type: Manager
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.