What you’ll be doing...
This position is an integral member of the Wireless and Wireline Global Products and Solutions team and will have a front-row seat to the strategy of these businesses. This role will work with senior executive leadership, staff and key stakeholders, and will provide executive-level support, planning and directing of projects and business operations to ensure that strategic business plans are successfully executed. The position will assist and support the development of short to medium team strategies and operational and Go-to-Market plans.This position will lead the development of strategic framework and facilitate development of key components including vision, key milestones, competitive analyses and identification of business model alternatives leading to a sustainable competitive advantage. This position will also Identify, prioritize, structure, and lead multiple projects or major project work streams related to Verizon’s Global Products and Solutions Business Products strategies, priorities, and special initiatives.
- Create and maintain executive level presentations forstrategy and transformation initiatives, operational, business unit reviews, capital and go-to-market plans
- Develop executive communications for product strategy and revenue generation plans
- Collaborate with business line management across cross-functional areas
- Manage cross-functional and detailed project plans, and represent the Business Product team in all strategic planning recommendations and approvals
- Conduct financial analyses for capital and revenue planning and tracking
- Prioritize actionable business improvement initiatives based on analysis of customer, stakeholder, and employee feedback
- Prioritize project activities and coordinate resources to achieve project goals
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional management, while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
- To the extent possible, develop external benchmarks to help ensure that goals resulting from internal benchmarks are appropriate
- Facilitate/lead the development of meaningful internal operational benchmarks that can be owned by the Product Development team
- Project management of cross-product organization initiatives and action registers
- Gather and analyze data in order to report monthly results for key initiatives and ad-hoc requests
- Track Capital and Revenue product results against documented Business Cases
- Work with assigned project managers, project consultants, reporting and operations teams to ensure that measurements are in place to evaluate and validate results delivery for each project undertaken
- Seek industry and area best practices; determine value and drive change standardization where appropriate to gain efficiencies
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with executive-level staff in order to assess and meet the needs of the business
- Build and maintain strategic planning partnerships with all business units
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Six or more years of related experience and two or more years of wireline/wireless industry experience
- Senior executive support experience
- Expert on executive deck creation, delivery and meeting planning logistics with the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Project Management experience, including experience with cross-functional and/or cross-area projects
- In-depth knowledge of Verizon products and services, functions, policies, and procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong, thorough knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Applications including Power Point, Word, Outlook, Excel, or other document preparation/project management tools
- Superior quantitative, problem-solving, technical and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive and flexible
- Ability to effectively negotiate solutions and deadlines with others at all levels of the business
- Ability to lead in a fast paced environment and provide rapid turn-around on deliverables
- Ability to effectively relay complex information to others in any level of the business
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work in a high-energy, dynamic, and sometimes unstructured environment
- Teamwork oriented
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.