At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Business Packaging Manager for the Package Engineering organization located in Maplewood, MN.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Business Packaging Manager
will provide packaging advice and consult with the Leadership Team to set short and long-term strategic direction and operating plans for the organization. The individual will also set direction, priorities and manage resources with full accountability for results of a functional area.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads and develops a team of package engineering professionals to deliver innovative packaging solutions to Business Unit clients.
- Works closely with Senior to Executive level management of assigned Business Units to ensure alignment and optimal Package Engineering support
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement programs that may span outside assigned Business Unit responsibilities
- Sets or influences initiatives and structure for the department as they relate to business and corporate packaging strategies
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of ten (10) years of packaging industry experience
Location: Maplewood, MN Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international Relocation: Is authorized
- Bachelor's degree in Package Engineering/Packaging Science or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma
- Skills include team management and people development
- Excellent communications (oral, written and presentation)
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Microsoft Office proficient
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.