Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Cummins Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Planning and Development Leader. This role will be based in Columbus, IN.
Responsible for opportunity management which includes identifying new growth opportunities and managing new business growth for a key market segment or in a specified region or channel. Key Responsibilities:
- Drive change by being directly and principally involved in the subject matter of major issues so that this role helps manage the "white space" and dependencies by identifying issues, then coordinating and communicating resolutions to all involved.
- Accelerate the process by helping the leadership team manage the pace and momentum of the integration; pushing for timely decisions on key issues and driving true accountability for action items and deadlines.
- Drive the Synchronized Business Planning (SBP) implementation and execution.
- Provide focus and direction on what matters most; searching for and high lighting potential disconnects that could destroy value or create risk.
- Manage the XBU interactions by serving as the principal day-to-day point of contact for all things related to the integration; establishing the overall integration process design, linkages and KPIs to be followed and tracked.
- Make sure reorganization is understood at all levels of the organization and changes in work scope, responsibilities and accountability are clearly communicated and understood.
- Work with sales, marketing, and product leaders to identify strategies targeting growth by participating in efforts such as strategy workshops.
- Manage the analysis, measurement, and tracking of market sales potential across assigned brands, channels, regions, products, etc.
- Champions new growth and product ideas; manage special projects that have cross regional implications.
- Build processes and procedures to understand competition and input to market lead pricing propositions for designated areas.
- Collaborate with internal business managers on business development initiatives and plans.
- Present business development reports to leadership.
- Coach and motivate staff; provide guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegate works assignments considering employee skills and development needs as required.
- Identify department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage the efficient transition of converted opportunity to account support team.
- Eight to ten years of relevant experience in business strategy, planning, or financial; minimum five years in a leadership role.
- Background in industrial manufacturing; understanding of the aftermarket business and the Synchronized Business Planning (SBP) strongly preferred.
- Experience working with cross functional teams in a global matrix organization.
- Previous experience in managing growth, forecasting, and business planning highly preferred.
Other required skills:
- Strong analytical ability and creative problem-solving skills.
- Results driven, proactive, excellent stakeholder management, quick learner, and problem-solving attitude.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Great commercial experience and business savvy.
- Solid understanding of key financial drivers of the business and ability to synthesize strategic insights.
- Market Analysis - Able to deploy local processes to attain the most critical market information required to develop a specific product/product line plan.
- Financial Understanding - Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data from financial systems, as well as the ability to execute a business case. Knowledge of the leverage pricing has on financial results. Familiar with tax and duty structures.
- Core Competency & Capability Analysis - Has experience assessing markets against Cummins capabilities and can evaluate gap analysis and quickly turn into recommended actions.
- Market Opportunity Prioritization - Understands strategy process, can assess projects against strategic relevance to business and works with stakeholders effectively to align work.
- Facilitating Internal Relationships & Consensus - Understands tools & techniques for group facilitation and has exercised for small groups
College, university, or equivalent degree in Business Administration, or a related subject required. MBA preferred. Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins