Oracle is growing its startup Cloud Infrastructure engineering organization in downtown Seattle, focused on creating new Cloud (IaaS) services from scratch - compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an expanding set of foundational services, operating at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team of highly regarded tech industry veterans in a greenfield venture, using a fresh approach and cutting edge technologies to build an innovative new cloud platform. We need an experienced business, operational, and finance leader to help us scale our business.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, and seasoned finance & operations leader with experience leading a high-growth technology business. You will own business operations across very complex sets of inputs and outputs, and will work across a large group of stakeholders to collectively drive the improvement of key business metrics. You should have a strong multi-disciplinary operations and finance background with a track record influencing senior business and technology leaders, and driving key initiatives at the highest levels. Strong familiarity with product management and sales activities is highly preferred, as well as a background building and delivering complex RFP's. Significant experience with vendor negotiations, building and maintaining large financial models and COGS models is a big plus. Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- 5 years experience leading finance and operations for a mid- to large-sized company.
- Partner with the product management organization, supply chain, and senior centralized finance teams.
- Build and manage annual development budgets and quarterly production budgets.
- Tightly manage the P&L for the product executive team
- Drive "cost out" projects and optimizing supplier costs from vendors.
- Establish relationships across the business teams.
- Ability to establish credibility as the fiduciary for the business to internal partners and external executive teams.
- Lead the weekly/monthly/quarterly business review process for the business.
- Influence product road map and work with technology teams to ensure business needs are met.
- Solid grasp of the business side of technology with an understanding and zeal for metrics/analysis to deliver on business objectives.
- Ability to establish credibility and work with key internal partners to get things done.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Degree in Finance
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills.
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency. Provides business practices and processes. Drives policies and procedures that monitor and support the organization*s operational and financial business objectives. Provides analysis and advice to management in the areas of operations, resource management, finance, revenue accounting, pricing, and/or contracts. May also be responsible for administration, knowledge management, and/or communications.
Develops and monitor PandL forecasts. Develops and monitor metrics to measure other key performance indicators and group performance. Performs competitive analysis. Creates pricing strategy and cost accounting (business modeling) for projects. Reviews contracts for terms, pricing and approvals. Work with account team to close deals. Interfaces with client to resolve contract/delivery disputes. May be responsible for directing resource management staff, ensuring maximum utilization. May be involved with compensation and bonus process. Manage at least two direct reports.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with management and possible clients desired.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.