Import Export Manager N. America & Latin America LINE OF BUSINESS
Global Systems Support REPORTS TO (Job Title Only )
Global Commercial and Compliance Manager, Global Freight and Warehouse DIRECT REPORTS TO THIS ROLE
None (0) KEY OBJECTIVE
(Outline key/overall objectives of the role) Provides business and functional expertise to support business operations and key business decisions in the areas of import and export compliance. Apply regional knowledge and experience of combined customs, trade and compliance topics, issues, laws to business processes. Actively work across functions to ensure that import, export compliance is maintained while ensuring that overall organization objectives are supported. Establish procedures to ensure compliance with local law regarding the import and export of goods as well as facilitate regional implementation of procedures and auditing.
( Outline specific tasks/responsibilities of the role)
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE and TRAINING
- Establish import and export procedures and guidelines and ensure supplier, company awareness and compliance to (regional) host governments' regulatory requirements.
- Monitor regional regulatory and legislative changes and alert the regional management team.
- Develop and implement effective global trade network resources and business relationships with import and export control agencies and relevant local government contacts, to ensure compliance with governmental laws and regulations and to facilitate trade initiatives.
- Provide trade expertise in regional export compliance including product classifications, documentation, and reporting.
- Stay current with global trade business knowledge and translate into actionable business recommendations and business plans.
- Operate as the regional escalation and focal point for import and export related issues.
- Provide expertise and issue resolution when employing any special import and or export control program.
- Assist with the Harmonized Tariff Standard (HTS) classification and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) classification of products.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders, freight forwarders, customs brokers, customs officers and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipments.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of contingency plans in the event of unforeseen interruptions in the supply chain process.
- Create and deploy a balanced global export performance scorecard with key performance indicators.
- Manage regional trade import and export audit strategies, risk assessments and manage corrective action plans related to import and export control.
- Manage regional import and export record retention requirements.
- Establish and drive regional import and export risk assessment to ensure sound business practices and program implementation; oversee corrective action plans related to trade activities with service providers.
- Collect, share and make visible any customs, trade and compliance related matters for Global Services Logistics business.
- Represent Global Services Logistics on internal compliance matters; to include transition and implementation of acquired company products.
- Coordination with the Global Trade Compliance Department and Legal Departments in import and export compliance matters.
- Provide overview of compliance tools to internal users and stakeholders.
(Indicate the essential experience, qualifications and attributes required to perform this position effectively)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3-6 years of experience in trade compliance comprised of; international work experience managing global trade programs including import, export, warehousing, distribution, duty brokerage, customs, and compliance globally.
- Ability to determine trade requirements for dealing with global service logistics business.
- In-depth regional knowledge of compliance and ethics frameworks and principles, and experience in compliance programs based in US Federal, State, and or applicable international laws
- High level of experience working with government trade and or compliance regulations.
- Knowledge of import and export procedures and regulations inclusive of Harmonized Tariff Standard (HTS) classification; Export Control Classification Number (ECCN); license designation; country of origin; valuation; commercial invoice; Shipper's Export Declaration; import declarations, international incoterms and regulations.
- Knowledge of trade and customs brokerage processes.
- Knowledge of product regulatory compliance (battery transportation and storage), and product safety regulations (Argentina SICyM Nº 171/16, Haiti (SGS), Peru MTC ).
- Ability to apply existing policies, procedures and best practices to analyze a variety of complex problems related to compliance.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and various supply chain functions, and effectively influence top level management.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills; ERP/MRP skills a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office applications i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Prior experience using a MRP or ERP system is preferred but not required.
- Dangerous goods certification; air, ocean, ground cargo transportation and storage a plus.
- U.S. Customs Broker License a plus.
- Fluent in Spanish and or Portuguese a plus.
Responsible for the delivery of Product Specifications Documents to supplier partner(s) or delivery of process specifications to meet business specifications.
May be done in partnership with business partner(s) or via guidance to business partner(s) for execution. Defines system specifications needed to roll out flexible business models. Responsible for understanding business objectives. Performs process or functional analysis to identify gaps compared to specifications, confers and/or drives issues with management for resolution, and ensures overall fulfillment of business specifications. Responsible for day-to-day engagement with business and/or process subject matter experts. Advises and consults with business teams prioritizing allocation of people resources, addressing project team problems ensuring that all team deliverables are met, and developing and presenting proposals of project plan and getting agreement from appropriate stakeholders. Understands and applies theories to policies and operating environment needed to effectively and efficiently complete assignments.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.