Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction. Key Responsibilities
- Policy and Statutory
- Fully understands the policy statutory requirements embedded in the processes in which they oversee.
- Has a beginning level understanding of the interconnection with upstream and downstream policy requirements.
- Provides guidance and solution path to business partners based upon policy / statutory requirements.
- Actively makes decisions based upon consistent application of policy
- Process Delivery
- Understands the key upstream and downstream process elements that flow through their area and is able to identify key cause and effect points within adjacent areas of the end-to-end function.
- Able to deliver multiple conflicting priorities
- Uses established metrics to understand performance against individual, department or organizational objectives
- Able to receive highly unstructured or inaccurate process inputs and deliver highly structured process outputs and decisions.
- Actively engages and networks with others inside and outside the organization to address exceptions and escalations.
- Recognizes potential escalations, works to resolve in advance and creates awareness
- Understands the key controls and reasons for them within the process and business rules.
- Ensures integrity of process controls.
- Has a fundamental understanding of the design of the tools and systems the organization uses/owns to delivery its processes and services.
- Process Design, Build and Test
- Able to develop desk top procedures of existing processes
- Able to create basic process maps for existing processes
- Able to perform scripted testing of new configuration and processes.
- Change & Project Management
- Effectively participates on project teams
- Able to lead projects of small to moderate scope
- Uses formal change management tools and method
- Uses formal project management tools and method
- Able to train others on new processes.
- Able to project influence within the organization to improve process alignment and performance.
- Able to project influence to individuals outside the organization on a situational basis to improve process alignment and performance.
- Decision Making
- Decision making has a strong foundation of process, policy and risk management.
- Decision making considers understanding of purpose, strengths and weakness of the appropriate technology.
- Able to identify and formulate the problem statement commensurate with understanding of process, policy and risk management, and technology.
- Able to provide appropriate solution path commensurate with understanding of process, policy and risk management, and technology.
- Actively uses performance metrics in the decision process.
- End User Support
- Applies effective customer service techniques
- Able to work with formal help desk methods and tools.
- Effectively communicates with end users to solution their needs.
- Understands tiered service model
- Is able to support knowledge escalations.
- Raises knowledge escalations when necessary.
- Effectively communicates in stressful situations.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 - 2 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.